Question about Cars, Exes and Rice

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Atalanta

Question about Cars, Exes and Rice

Post by Atalanta »

I hope I'm in the right forum. This afternoon I lost a necklace I was wearing (which its own story) and I was looking in my car. When I pulled up the floor mats on the drivers side, I found a bunch of uncooked rice. It was deep under the floor mat and I wouldn't have known unless I picked it up for some reason. I don't remember my ex or I spilling rice in the car and it was too deep under the mat to be there accidentally.

It's my car but my ex drove it more than I did and he'd been driving it recently for over a week while I was in the hospital.

Does anyone know of any spell or charm that would involve rice and cars or exes?

Thanks!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Question about Cars, Exes and Rice

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe mice got in the car and stashed rice under the mat.
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

I guess anything is possible but why on earth where they'd get that much uncooked rice? We're talking half a cup, at least. And I've never seen evidence of mice.

Edited to add, my parents get them occasionally (they had some this week, as a matter of fact) so that's why I doubt mice.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I have seen rice used in prosperity work, and for absorbing negative energy.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

I know I didn't do it so the only person I can think of who would so this is my ex, who really wants to buy this car. Unfortunately that doesn't look like it will be an option for him. It's also not like him, that's something I would do, not him. Weird.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

TwilightDancer wrote:I have seen rice used in prosperity work, and for absorbing negative energy.

Me too.

Another one is to put uncooked rice in your shoes and wear them to work like this for a week, then at the end of the week, to throw the rice on your front lawn to bring prosperity.

I'd clean it out and not tell who you suspect. If it shows up a second time, then there'd be room for suspicion.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Not only is rice a great absorber of negativity, it's one of those remedies for a wet cell phone. I wonder if some one who had rode in the car had their phone bag of rice break or spill...it sifts down into the depths pretty easily.
By the way are you the orginal owner? And how long had it been since you went that deep in your cleaning? I found glass under the seat of a car I had once, I think it had been in an accident.
Can you give him the car? Good luck and good riddance sort of thing? Anyway he's the ex, and probably for a valid reason.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

I'm not the original owner but I've been through every inch of that car and it gets cleaned regularly. I had actually picked up the floor mats a couple of months ago to replace them.

I don't want to give up my car but my ex and I were talking about him buying it but I don't see that happening now for personally reasons. Plus my ex and I get along, it's his adopted sister is the one I don't get on with.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

A random thought about uncooked rice -- it was sometimes said that one should spill a handful of rice or other grains to defend against evil spirits, since they would be forced to pause and count each grain. Makes me wonder if it was a protective charm of some kind.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Thitabe

Post by Thitabe »

I don't think that the rice got there by mice. It just doesn't make sense. Think about it, a mouse or mice lift up the mat, stash away a 1/2 cup of uncooked rice and replace the mat in a way that you don't notice it was ever moved?
Based on what you have said the rice had to have been placed there sometime in the last 2 months when you replaced them. Other than your ex, has anybody else used or had access to your car? Everything I have read so far says that rice is used for protection of one type or another. It can be used to remove spirits from a home, absorb negative energy and many more. It can also be used for prosperity and love, think about the custom of throwing rice on a newly wed couple as they are leaving the church. With that in mind would your ex try to do something to get the two of you back together?
My suggestion is to meditate, possibly in the car with two questions in mind. One, who put the rice there and two what was the reason for it being put there. If you do meditate in the car, make sure you are someplace where you won't be disturbed. After all you don't need somebody rapping on the window asking if you're alright while trying to meditate.
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

My ex and my father are the only ones to drive the car and I know it wasn't my father since I was in the in the car with him. :)

There is a possibility of reconciliation with my ex plus my ex was driving specifically because I was in the hospital and I didn't want it sitting out unmoved for a week. So there are a couple of good reasons right there.

I'll do some meditation and see what I come up with. It's probably time for a good detail on that car, as well.
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Could it have been anybody else who drives that car? Perhaps your dad or your ex used the car to meet their friends and the gathering involved moving rice bags. Somehow it spilled and....

I have no idea about spells but I remember a chinese vampire movie I watched when I was young. The priest used certain type of rice as a way to absorb the "vampire energy" for those who are turning and apparently, the vampire gets burned when he steps on those rice. I don't think that's true but yeah, I'm reminded of that movie now. Just like a few others mentioned, rice is a great way of removing negativity so don't be too alarmed?
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

No, just my ex, my father and now me. I know my ex is very possessive of that car of he has it, he loves that car, so I highly doubt he let someone else drive it.

The only spells I can find with rice are to repel negative energy so however it got there, I'm going to assume it was with good intent.
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Did you come up with any idea after meditation? :)
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

No, it's just there.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”