Depression Spells? For siblings or kin?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
theluchanaitor

Depression Spells? For siblings or kin?

Post by theluchanaitor »

My older sister is depressed, upset and overall sad. She got dumped, and even before that she was extremely depressed. She has Bi-Polar Disorder and PTSD (Reasons not stated). Any spells that can help- she really needs it.. Hell, I'll take any spell that will help. (Don't put any over complicated potions.)

theluchanaitor

Re: Depression Spells? For siblings or kin?

Post by theluchanaitor »

And she is contemplating suicide and cutting.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi theluchanaitor. Here's some spells I found on this website:

Banishing Depression Spell

Helping a Depressed Friend

Healing Spell for Depression

A spell to heal grief and emotional pain

Personally, to get a more tailored spell, I'd have a reading done first. People approach spell work like it's one-size-fits-all over-the-counter-drugs. I think there are different underlying causes for depression symptoms, differing from person to person. One person might have something organic/biological going on, another might have disturbances in his/her energy field somewhere that needs to be healed/removed, another might have a past life issue that needs addressing, etc. Sometimes the problem is a combination of these.

A shaman would distinguish and identify the root cause(s), and suggest healing tasks to be done. But, it's hard to find a good, reasonably-priced shaman (I've noticed a lot of people lately who have natural, shamanistic abilities, though). But, at least starting with a good psychic reading before applying spell work is better than nothing.

This is just my view/practice. Many people jump into spell work, and that's fine. Whatever works.

Hope you find something on the sites listed above that might help. Keep us posted if you'd like.

Thanks.

theluchanaitor

Post by theluchanaitor »

Thank you.. :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

theluchanaitor wrote:(Don't put any over complicated potions.)
Love this addendum. :P

Is your sister seeing a therapist? Regularly? Is she on medication that could be altered to fit her current emotional needs?

First things first, bipolar disorder and PTSD are medical challenges and need to first be addressed medically by a professional. No exceptions.

Beyond that, general banishings of negativity and drawing in of positivity (as stated earlier) are what come to mind.

On a mundane level, just keep engaging her socially. Keep her in the loop, let her know she's still noticed, loved, appreciated, and connected with you. PTSD is a b**** and coupled with depressive episodes can make it downright horrible. Sometimes there isn't much you can do besides just be "there" for them, be present and understand that it's not the person's identity that's behind all of the symptoms. That they're still there somewhere, feeling lost and overwhelmed and really just needing a landline.

But there isn't much you can do to ease those symptoms without professional interference from the beginning. Look into group therapy if you haven't already. It tends to help a lot with PTSD patients because one of the major symptoms is that feeling of overwhelming isolation once you become lost in your memories and instincts. You need people you can connect with who really understand where you're at and you can only really understand it if you've gone through it yourself.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”