Spell-casting Drains My Energy Level

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ravenstar

Spell-casting Drains My Energy Level

Post by Ravenstar »

Last time I casted a spell the next day my energy level was so bad. It felt like anemia.
Anyway, I was just wondering when I'll know when I am in a good place to do spells? Blessed be.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: energy

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

You might not be if that is the case. Should probably take a break.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Myrth

Re: energy

Post by Myrth »

You are expending your own energy. That is why you feel depleted. When using energy, ground yourself. Then draw the energy from around you. You may want to practice working with energy outside of spellwork for a bit. Try doing it with meditation.
Myrth
Ravenstar

Re: Energy

Post by Ravenstar »

Thanks so much. Blessed be.
citrine

Re: Spell-casting Drains My Energy Level

Post by citrine »

Same thing here, at least it was like that for quite a while... being totally drained when doing nothing more than banishing / consecration work for now. But tonight it was a bit different. During the usual procedure of charging the items with elemental energies I saw some weird purple light (doing most of the procedure with closed eyes) - and then white / yellow-ish something slowly descending from above... When I had a piece of moldavite in my hand, I started to see it very clear... and was blown away. The vision was so bizarrely beautiful... can't even find words to describe it properly, some circular shapes, lights, some sacred geometry, sort of greenish background... perhaps really another dimension, I can't really imagine or visualize or even describe properly such scenery... But in the end - whatever i saw there - this gave me energy and I feel... not really tired after 2 hours of ritual, but yeah ungrounded. Yeah, time for some grounding meal :) always feeling hungry after rituals. The best is to have high-protein meal after all that :)
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.
Siona

Post by Siona »

citrine wrote:Yeah, time for some grounding meal :) always feeling hungry after rituals. The best is to have high-protein meal after all that :)
This is a big reason why a lot of rituals, in many different traditions, will end with something to eat and drink. Not only does it help us 'come back to earth,' so to speak, and bond with others if we're working with others, it's a practical way to restore and rebalance some of that expended energy.
SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

Myrth wrote:You are expending your own energy. That is why you feel depleted. When using energy, ground yourself. Then draw the energy from around you. You may want to practice working with energy outside of spellwork for a bit. Try doing it with meditation.
Agree. You can use your own energy, but grounded, so you can refill with energy around.
citrine wrote: During the usual procedure of charging the items with elemental energies I saw some weird purple light (doing most of the procedure with closed eyes) - and then white / yellow-ish something slowly descending from above... When I had a piece of moldavite in my hand, I started to see it very clear... and was blown away. The vision was so bizarrely beautiful... can't even find words to describe it properly, some circular shapes, lights, some sacred geometry, sort of greenish background... perhaps really another dimension, I can't really imagine or visualize or even describe properly such scenery... But in the end - whatever i saw there - this gave me energy and I feel... not really tired after 2 hours of ritual, but yeah ungrounded. Yeah, time for some grounding meal :) always feeling hungry after rituals. The best is to have high-protein meal after all that :)
That remember me some similar experiences, I think is your third eye, I saw similar things, like a five-point star drawing perfectly in purple colour just in front of me (with closed eyes and no lights), or entire galaxies being created and destroyed in seconds, or colourful clouds ... Very beautiful, of course.
Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

\

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”