Hereditary Curse?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Lainara

Re: Hereditary Curse?

Post by Lainara »

Unfortunately, I won't have much updates till tomorrow, or the following day. I've been working double shifts and I've been absolutely exhausted.
There is probably some backround info I can give you. Some could be coincidence but I'll let you decide.
(EDIT: I'm adding to this.)
My mother was married and felt she received the curse at age 22.
In July, I turned 22. A few days after my birthday, upon moving into our brand new house (and sage cleansing) I heard a terrifying banging on the basement door. The basement is unfinished and has NO entrance except THROUGH the house. The only other entrance is through the very large well (which is no longer in use and the entrance to that is covered and can only be lifted by a very strong person.
I opened the door to find a very large bird. The bird flew at me, and began trying to attack me. My dog rushed to my side, grabbed it mid air, and took it outside.

I have no idea how that bird got in the house. There's only one entrance to the house and that's the front door. The basement is always locked.
It was an event that left me feeling.. Uneasy.
The bird looked like a crow.

When casting the circle for the very first time in my new house, my coven sister felt a strange sensation before we even began, as if her throat was closing. We took some extra care for protection before we began, knowing that when we stir up energy, it attracts both negative and positive things. As we closed the circle (it was an outside ritual) we took a walk. We immediately had to turn back. Something gave us both the creeps. Not that we were physically in danger, but something didn't seem all that right.

Another occasion we decided to go out in the woods behind my house and collect things like Quartz, herbs, and leaves. We were accompanied by my inside outside cat (some may know her importance here. I dream a lot about her, usually as representation of myself). The further out we were "pulled" (and I say pulled because it's exactly what it felt like) the stranger my cat acted. Eventually she wouldn't let us go any further into the woods. Our pendulum kept urging us to go out further, so I tried to side step around my cat.
My cat lunged at me, bit my leg pretty good and held her ground. We turned around, and the cat followed. She returned to her normal self back at the house. She's never ever bit anyone before. She's a sweetheart. Needless to say...we have not gone out since. We did find a large Hawk feather which is at our altar.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Ok I need to reply to this....while reading this I got this huge overwhelming feeling, my heart was beating faster, my hands were sweating....so I'm going to try to put what I'm feeling about this into words....I have absolutely no intentions of offending you or anyone, or anything of that nature. I do know when I try to explain the 'feelings' I get I've been told that I'm mean or harsh...I want to apologize for that now, in case it comes off that way. If I could show you what I'm feeling and seeing that would be easier...but I don't know how to do that....
Yes I agree with the others you definitely need to contact someone about your mother... As for you being cursed, no I don't think you are. Your mother has too much negative energies around her that it's being put into you and you are putting it into your coven sister....all three of you need to do more cleansing and definitely more groundings everyday! The blackbird/crow it's a sign...you need to research that and try to find similarities of why you saw it...it's not evil.
Walking in the woods with your sister and cat...again it's you, not your mother...the feeling I'm getting is there is nothing evil out there...you are just not mentally strong enough, grounded enough or have a clear mind to truly understand and appreciate what is out there for you to experience. That is what the 'creepy uneasy feelings' are. That's why your cat stopped you! Your cat is your protection right now, your instincts...it knows what you can handle and what you can't! It's not the right time for you to go further.. And your cat knows this!! Please, please pay attention to the cat. You have a heavy mind right now...you need to lessen that..you should look into protection spells, herbs, stones...runes you need runes right now...you need to lessen the negativity around you and your sister before attempting anything else...especially helping your mother. Once you lessen or lighten the heaviness/around you and your coven sister then concentrate on Samhain....
From here on out have no doubts! Nothing but positive thoughts, positive feelings and positive intent! Do some research..whatever you are thinking, feeling research it because the answers are waiting to be found. Do your cleansings, ground yourself daily, more than once if you have to...look into protection runes, meditate talk to your spirit guide...not your cat! Your cat is trying to take over your instincts and protect you right now, don't over stress your cat!! Ask a different spirit guide for direction... Ask your goddess for strength....you and your coven sister need to be light and clear minded with nothing but positivity right now!
Positive Thoughts and Good Vibes
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

Thank you for the reply.
I'm not sure what else we can really do? We're very pro active about cleansing, grounding and protection. I'll try to look into other things.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Reading the additional information you provide just tells me that you may actually not dealing with hereditary evil eye curse but some entity that attached itself onto your family. Of course, I could be wrong but I think you might be dealing with a mischievous entity and veritably, a genealogical spirit. The crow that you saw was perhaps the entity in it's another form and if I were to clamp a Jungian archetype for the crow, I would choose the role of "trickster or prankster" as crows and mischievous beings have the same personality. The entity latch onto your family but leads you wandering and brings you false conclusions and speculations, like your family is under a curse.

If you do believe and eventually succumb to the urging of the entity's inclination, you're 'giving energy to it' thus making it more powerful. This means, that an act of unhexing, uncrossing, or curse-breaking because you genuinely think your family is execrating spell only grants the entity that hide the truth -- at its bidding -- additional strength to hide the reality from you even more. This presents itself as even greater internal and external confusing challenges for one to experience.

I still cannot draw a conclusion about why the entity is doing this but I could see that the first attachment that happened to your Mom from which all other fissures and bad vibrations stem, remains unresolved. I think that's now your job, to heal the chasm created by your Mom, whatever it is, between her family and the entity.

I would suggest to search your family history.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

I had a feeling that might be it.

I plan on doing a lot of working with both my parents as we all have a rocky relationship.

I found another crow this morning, this time in my attic. My whole attic is reserved for my sacred space, magical workings ect. The bird was trying its best to come in through the window, but to no avail. It eventually gave up.

I'll be doing my best to figure out what this thing is. Until I can research what it is I'm dealing with, I would think it best to just keep my wards up, and personal grounding/protection.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Could you ask your Mom these following questions just to help you figure this out quickly and easily:

What was your Mom's condition or situation when she started experiencing the alleged curse/entity attachment?

What is her present physical, emotional, mental and spiritual condition?

Has your Mom travelled to areas known or suspected to be haunted?

Has she attained any object of significance (like inherited jewellery, antiques, stolen items, second-hand items, materials used in crime or violence, etc.) and from where did she acquire it?
Seraphin

Lainara

Post by Lainara »

More recently she's inherited a lot of jewelry. My grandmother, (my mothers mom) has the most progressed form of Alzheimer's. She is no longer here in mind. She is also slowly dying of breast cancer that has come back. She is my Nan's daughter.
I've inherited a lot of things too. Namely a cat bank I used to play with as a child.
My wand also is adorned with yarn and ribbons she never got a chance to use.

My mother also has my Nan's wedding ring which she found about a month ago. It was known to everyone, even my nan that it was lost. My mother wears it, as she was very close to my nan.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Do you feel anything weird with those things?
Seraphin

Lainara

Post by Lainara »

Actually the cat that I have seems a little off but I chalked it up to sentimental feelings.
My mother has definitely been depressing more and more since she found that ring.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Is it possible for you take a pic of the ring?

How about the place? Has she visited any haunted location? Where did your mother grow up?
Seraphin

Lainara

Post by Lainara »

I'll see about taking a picture of it as soon as I see her.

My mother generally stayed away from anything "haunted". She's not very adventurous. My mother and I grew up in the city (Philadelphia). After my nan died, we moved a bit north, in the country, where we reside now.

The only thing I can think of when it comes to stuff like that, is as a kid, before I new anything (we're talking 9 or 10) My twin and I made a crude spirit board. We had a few experiences, but nothing that's worth sticking out.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

The first thing I would advice you to do is recognize sources or entry points of possible hauntings and attachments. If you suspect an ancestor, your Nan for instance may have opened a door to disturbing infiltration, search out their history and know any misdeeds they did that possibly angered the entities or made herself open to attachment. If you feel, you're Mom is the culprit, look for the possibles causes that made her and you face these consequences.

Did your Mom disrespect an entity, desecrate a place, get something without asking for permission, practice necromancy, or push her boundaries unknowillingly? Discernment is a major part of resolving this problem. It is primarily gained by following the promptings of your spirit community since they can interact with other entities, and you may need to seek the help of others better gifted with discernment and spirit communication.
Seraphin

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”