Back pain during rituals?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
ekleipsis

Back pain during rituals?

Post by ekleipsis »

Hello everyone!
I want to thank all of your for your prior answers in my other thread and I apologize if I was disrespectful in any way. This question is a lot more straight forward. During most of my rituals, I notice that you're meant to sit on the floor to meditate and draw a circle and I understand that perfectly. However, when I sit on the floor for a long period of time, it results in back pain and numbness. Can anyone offer a solution? Thank you!
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Re: Back pain during rituals?

Post by Silversong »

You might stand during rituals, or get a chair and designate it specially for ritual purposes. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure many Witches have done it before you XD
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I have back issues, so from time to time I just bring a chair in my circle. No biggie.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Nothing says you need to sit. I've no idea how many actually do, but I know it's not everyone.

Stand up. Move around. Make your circle as big as it needs to be. It's yours, after all. :)
random417

Post by random417 »

All that's important I think anyway it's that you find a position you're comfortable in, but that you won't fall asleep. The floor can feel more magical, but there's very little that's LESS magical than back pain. A chair is just fine. I do shorter stuff on the floor, but I couldn't do it for a long meditation
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

I have the same problem as I suffer from sciatic nerve pain. You could always prop yourself on a pillow and lean against something. There are no set rules. Do what feels comfortable.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I never sit. I have two compression fractures in my spine and I move freely . You can even lay down if you wish. It is all about your comfort. You can't be a vessel of energy if you can't feel comfortable.
Jenny Crow

Post by Jenny Crow »

The only time I sit in a circle is if I'm meditating - but like the others said, make yourself comfortable because it's difficult to concentrate when you're in pain and it'll stop the power/energy from flowing freely if you're not comfy

Jenny Crow
Red Ember

Post by Red Ember »

What everyone else has said. It's far more important that you feel at ease and are keeping yourself safe (as in not pulling your back out) then it is to force yourself into a posture your body does not like.
If cats could talk, they wouldn't. - Nan Porter
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

I suffer from back pain after sitting to mediate for a while. Useful advise here, will try with a pillow next time and hope I'm not too comfortable that I fall asleep! :lol:
LoneWhiteWolf

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

I would consider physio therapy . I currently have 3 crushed disc's and 2 maybe 3 slipped discs in my back. My back muscles have become so weak where all i've done is rest this year that i needed to strengthen them and all the doctor could suggest to me was physio because they don't want to operate on me for a back condition considering i'm only 21. I find sitting up hurts a lot, especially on the floor
Maybe do some Yoga as well, my friend is always suggesting it to me but im in too much pain for it.
Hopes this helps lovely!!

x
Wolf
:flyingwitch:
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”