Anyone know what this is?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Deejean

Anyone know what this is?

Post by Deejean »

First I have no idea which section this goes under so if you could place it where it belongs I would be greatful, thank you.

So I was walking in the woods one night and came across this.

Sorry the pictures arent so good, it was pretty big and didn't fit well in the frame.

But I felt some energies while going into the forest, and a lot while looking at this thing. I got goosebumps and all, and it sort of gave a bad taste..
I figured it was for some sort of ritual.

Does anyone reconize this symbol?

Also something I noticed coming out of the forest was at the path going in, there was a rock with a stick on it, sort of like an arrow.

Heartsong

Re: Anyone know what this is?

Post by Heartsong »

Wow, that's an interesting find!!

My first impression is that it may be a meeting place for a group, so I think you may be right about it being a place for rituals. You could have been sensing remaining magical energy from their gathering(s). And that large stick sure does look like a marker of some sort. I'm afraid I don't recognize the symbol in the picture but someone else here might.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

I couldn't tell you what it was used for, but seeing those pictures gave me the creeps.
Either way, personally, I don't think it would be good to be close to it or touch anything. Could be harmless, or it could not be.
Best not to chance it!
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

I never realized that I must subscribe to my own posts in order to receive notifications on them!
Thank you for the responses guys! I quite agree it seems like some sort of ritual, and we were sure not to touch anything and only take pictures, and leave the forest soon after as the energies surrounding the area were nothing positive.
I was just curious if anyone may have recognized the symbols but for all I know it could be self built for a personal ritual of sorts.
It was a neat find, despite the negative energies I always love finding magical things just lying about :)
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

Very neat pictures, but like Lainara, I got a bad feeling from just looking at them. Still pretty interesting to find!
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

It was a very neat find, but yes I'm definitely under the impression it wasn't a friendly ritual if that's what it was.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I may be one of the only people who didn't get any creepy vibe from those photos. :P
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Haha the photos themselves don't give a bad vibe to me but the site itself did for sure
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

It could be that. I grew up with about a dozen male cousins and whenever we left a camp site they left all kinds of weird looking messes about. Maybe it's just conditioning. :P
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Vesca wrote:I may be one of the only people who didn't get any creepy vibe from those photos. :P

Yeah, I don't get a bad vibe either.

People who hike a lot and frequent the forest often, will sometimes leave outdoor "altars" letting the spirits know they were their. Or letting others know that that spot means something to them, and not to desecrate the area.

There's a spot on top of a mountain where I do the same thing, I often make a pile of rocks, and lay pinecones around it.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

That's neat! I used to have an outdoor spot like that too a few years ago, I love working outside :)
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

You should place a painted stone, or something visibly noticeable there for the creator to see. They will probably appreciate it. I know I would.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

I'm not even sure if its still there haha or exactly where it was, but if I do come across it again I for sure will :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I didn't get any bad feelings from the pictures. You may have been feeling wards and residual magic.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Maybe but I really think it was more than that... I got the urge to run the hell outta there lol

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”