Bad vibes from mirrors after sunset...looking for advice!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Hellebore

Bad vibes from mirrors after sunset...looking for advice!

Post by Hellebore »

Hi everyone! I have a bit of a strange situation and am looking to see if anyone has some advice :)

For the last five years (Since I moved into my current house) I have been getting very bad malevolent vibes from all mirrors (not just the ones in my house though but all mirrors in general) once the sun sets. I am fine with the mirrors during the day time and feel no negativity from them during that time of day I only get that feeling at night. There was never any standout moment or happening that started this off but just a growing unease since moving here, there are no areas of the house or property that I get bad vibes from and I cleanse the house regularly via smudging with sage.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may be causing this feeling towards mirrors? Is there anything that I can do? should I be worried? Any ideas would be appreciated or if someone might be able to point me in any possible direction so that I can do some research? I really do not know where to even begin looking for a solution.

Thanks for reading! :)
MsMollimizz

Re: Bad vibes from mirrors after sunset...looking for advice

Post by MsMollimizz »

Do you know anything about the area or your place ?
Archives in local library may have something about the
area. Check with a local historian or genealogist to see
if they have any information. I believe spirits are more
active at night (?) that must be the reason why ghost hunts
take place at night....
Let us know what you've come up with and how you
may tackle this.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
manshin

Post by manshin »

You can bless your windex that essentially puts up a barrier everytime you wash the mirrors?
Korean Sorceress/Shaman 만신; witch; Kemetic Orthodoxy
*I do not follow any (Neo)Wiccan beliefs.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

If you want the scary route, there are a lot of stories floating around about how spirits can use mirrors, windows, and other reflective surfaces as their own window and passage-way (and sometimes simply a barrier) between our world at theirs.

The concept I lean more towards, especially if it's only at night, is that maybe you're getting a sense of your shadow self looking back at you. That is, a part of your subconscious that is trying to send you a message that there's an internal conflict in need of attention that you may not want to see or be made aware of and it's making you uneasy.

Only you will really be able to tell what the reality is since we can't come have a slumber party or anything and do investigations. :P
Hellebore

Post by Hellebore »

MsMollimizz wrote:
Do you know anything about the area or your place ?
Archives in local library may have something about the
area. Check with a local historian or genealogist to see
if they have any information. I believe spirits are more
active at night (?) that must be the reason why ghost hunts
take place at night....
Let us know what you've come up with and how you
may tackle this.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Thanks for your reply and the input MsMollimizz! I did some quick digging and there is more of a history to this area than I had thought lol. The street my house is built on was the summer living area for the Iroquois until the 17th century. The area also housed Jewish immigrants during and after WWII and the direct area I am on was used as a children's summer camp for the children of the Jewish population. The street my house is parallel to a river and is one of the only areas with a beach as most of the river is bordered by cliffs. My house is 40 years old and the land my house is built on was built up about 30 feet with fill as it used to be on a swamp. I already knew that the last owner of the house passed away from cancer. There was also a serial killer 25 years ago that was within a few miles of the house but it was across the river so separated by running water.

Besides the murders across the river I can't find any information on any bad happenings...there is no record of any large battles taking place involving the area and the fact that the house is on land that used to be a swamp leads me to rule out it being built on a burial ground...Any idea what my next step should be? Thanks
Hellebore

Post by Hellebore »

manshin wrote:You can bless your windex that essentially puts up a barrier everytime you wash the mirrors?
Thanks manshin I think I will do this and see if it helps! :)
Hellebore

Post by Hellebore »

Vesca wrote:If you want the scary route, there are a lot of stories floating around about how spirits can use mirrors, windows, and other reflective surfaces as their own window and passage-way (and sometimes simply a barrier) between our world at theirs.

The concept I lean more towards, especially if it's only at night, is that maybe you're getting a sense of your shadow self looking back at you. That is, a part of your subconscious that is trying to send you a message that there's an internal conflict in need of attention that you may not want to see or be made aware of and it's making you uneasy.

Only you will really be able to tell what the reality is since we can't come have a slumber party or anything and do investigations. :P
Thanks Vesca! Yeah, having an investigation team would be great :lol: I think I will need to read up some more on mirror lore and myths...The shadow self idea would explain why it is every mirror I come across that gives me the uneasiness and not just the mirrors in my house. Thanks for giving me another line of investigation to look into! :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

If you discover something, let us know. ^^

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”