Going to a paranormally active place; protection charms?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
love beats all (;

Going to a paranormally active place; protection charms?

Post by love beats all (; »

Hey guys!

My friends and I are taking a visit to the Trans-Alleghany Lunatic Asylum and wanted to know if anyone has any protection charm, sachet, spells, etc. to recommend. I'm really excited but I don't want to allow myself to be vulnerable or carry anything back, understandably lol.

Thanks!
~Love~
Sakura Blossom

Re: Going to a paranormally active place; protection charms?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yes! Very much so, as I'm an investigator and use these means of protection all the time. ^_^

So, you can carry any kind of black stone you wish in your pocket as this helps absorb negative energy. You can bless jewelry to help keep you safe. I do this to my necklaces and when I feel anything weird, I tap it three times as if activating my "shield" so I don't have to envision it anymore. I do a lot of shutting down of my senses so I don't pick up on anything negative there, and I also call upon my deities and spirit guides to keep me safe and protected when I venture into these places.

That's usually my initial routine. I'd love to see others' replies! (: And I hope you enjoy yourself! I couldn't go to asylums. I couldn't handle it.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

I strongly recommend smudging yourself & any equipment you bring back with you. Sakura's got some great suggestions too! :)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I make spellbag for protection or any amulet-type doohickeys. It includes black stones and crystals, salt and some protective herbs like sage.

Herbs other than sage... I add some Couch Grass (aka Witche's Grass or Dog Grass, botanical name agropyron repens) to whatever herb/s I'm using. Medicinally, Couch Grass supports kidney function, so energetically not only does it help shield you specifically of 'toxic' energy and/or entities, it's one that will 'have your back', so to speak, in terms of protection.

Also for protection purposes I sometimes use Mullein which I've only gotten by online shopping; I haven't ever found it listed with any herb distributors here in my place. *shrug* Medicinally, mullein has antimicrobial properties (warding off fungi, viruses, bacteria) and helps with certain lung issues, so this is one I would use most often when the negative energy I'm clearing out is 'up front' and I know where it's coming from.

If part of my intent in creating the charm or spell bag is, in addition to protection, to improve the energy of the person wearing or using it, I might add Hawthorn leaf (botanical name crataegus oxyacantha), which when purchased usually comes with some flowers in it as well. Its medicinal properties are for supporting and protecting the heart, which translate nicely as supporting love, balance and harmony. Rose petals can be used for similar purposes.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Swansong

Post by Swansong »

Leave your fear at home.
Bring your faith with you.
Meditate to lock down your heart and mind before you go.
Meditate to open your heart and mind back up after you return home.
Link yourself with a member of the opposite gender. Overcoming a couple liked in temporary syzygy is nearly impossible, while one person alone is a much more obtainable goal. Temporary syzygy links between members of the same sex is possible but requires at least one member to be really really gay. (Bi-sexual = Fail) (Homosexuality with doubts or un-acceptance = Fail)

Swansong
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Swansong wrote:Leave your fear at home.
Bring your faith with you.
Meditate to lock down your heart and mind before you go.
Meditate to open your heart and mind back up after you return home.
Link yourself with a member of the opposite gender. Overcoming a couple liked in temporary syzygy is nearly impossible, while one person alone is a much more obtainable goal. Temporary syzygy links between members of the same sex is possible but requires at least one member to be really really gay. (Bi-sexual = Fail) (Homosexuality with doubts or un-acceptance = Fail)

Swansong
Can you explain further how syzygy works? I'm mostly confused about it's relation to gender and sexual orientation.

Mostly, I'm puzzled your assertion that if the couple is (for example) two women, one must be "really, really gay". What is the relation between gender and sexual orientation? What if one of the members of this union was a transwoman?

Is it that, for the syzygy to work, there needs to be a masculine energy and a feminine energy? But that can't be it, as (straight, bi, pan, gay, asexual) men can have dominant feminine energies and the opposite can be said of (straight, bi, pan, gay, asexual) women. For example, I am a gay woman (but I suppose not a "really, really gay" woman? How does one draw that line?) with a dominant feminine energy; my acquaintance is a straight man with a dominant feminine energy.

I'm further confused by the idea that a bisexual or questioning gay person would "fail". Sexuality and attraction (whether romantic or sexual), is not black and white. Straight-identifying people can (and often do) have confusing thoughts now and then. So do gay people. So wouldn't quite a few of these syzygy unions "fail" or diminish in strength?

What about asexuals?
Swansong

Post by Swansong »

Oops my mistake, there is exactly no difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality in any way shape or form. Men and women are also exactly the same thing. There is no difference at all. So sorry I did not mean to offend.
RoseRed92

Post by RoseRed92 »

Blackthorn, you're awesome. I was about to post something very similar, then read your words. And the way you disagreed with so much respect is sooo cool. XoXoXo
Ash

Post by Ash »

I totally know how you feel, I've trailed behind on so many explorations of abandoned buildings due to super intense activity! I like carrying things that could absorb the energy, like a small jar of dirt with a black tourmaline (according to a lot of lore, spirits need to count every grain of dirt or sand before moving on towards you). Although I think in a lot of cases the tourmaline might be enough! And yes, definitely smudge before & after!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Carry holy water, salt and iron and then sage yourself before getting back in the car to come home and again before entering your home.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”