moving altar

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
CoyoteFeather

moving altar

Post by CoyoteFeather »

I have to move my altar, is there any special requirement/ritual or to I simply pick it up and move it to it's new location?

~Coyotefeather
Vesca

Re: moving altar

Post by Vesca »

I just pick mine up and move it rather unceremoniously. :P But if you want to create your own ritual, that's fine too. I've never heard of any requirement saying you have to.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I've never heard that there's a requirement you have to do too. But usually, I just recite simple blessings or prayers for my Deities and spirit community.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Sometimes when I move mine, Ill make it into a little ritual. By cleaning everything, cleansing and charging stuff etc. Its nice to have everything cleansed, charged. Feels very renewing.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

My altar has been mobile for such a long time, I don't even think when I move it (it usually is on a different spot every time). But yeah, it's absolutely your choice if you want to make it a ritual. Actually, that's a very good idea, I might try creating a ritual to set up an altar.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

AnaisStar wrote:Sometimes when I move mine, Ill make it into a little ritual. By cleaning everything, cleansing and charging stuff etc. Its nice to have everything cleansed, charged. Feels very renewing.
I do this too. :D
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”