Leaf after Smudging?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
AderuKitten

Leaf after Smudging?

Post by AderuKitten »

So Yesterday I was outside smudging some items I got from goodwill and cleaning them of past owners energy.
After I was done I took my sage inside along with one of the 4 items, I went back out to get the last few items and there was a leaf, lying right where the item I just smudged was.
I looked around and there were no other leaves or plants with that type of leaf around.
What does this mean?? Is it a sign of some sort? im really curious!
Thank you!
Attachments
1957317_10203689988281560_659954461_n.jpg
Sakura Blossom

Re: Leaf after Smudging?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It could very well be a sign of good will. (: Depending on who/what you believe in or any deities you work with, it may just be a way of showing that they were there assisting you in your removal of energy. Very cool! And beautiful leaf.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Sakura Blossom wrote:It could very well be a sign of good will. (: Depending on who/what you believe in or any deities you work with, it may just be a way of showing that they were there assisting you in your removal of energy. Very cool! And beautiful leaf.
Seconding this answer. :)
AderuKitten

Post by AderuKitten »

Sakura Blossom wrote:It could very well be a sign of good will. (: Depending on who/what you believe in or any deities you work with, it may just be a way of showing that they were there assisting you in your removal of energy. Very cool! And beautiful leaf.
Thank you this helps alot!, But I Don't work with any Deities because I know very little about them, Ive been wanting to get in touch? with one but don't know how??? Could it be one calling out to me?
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That could very well be the case! You never know! (: What I always tell those starting out on their path, keep a journal of anything and everything that happens within your day. You'll be really surprised how many things seem to tie together when you go back and look. For me, I found my deities through numbers that always showed up as well as some other signs but I kept a journal to keep track. It's definitely very helpful!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

it could be the element of earth assisting u. maybe it was no specific deity but an elemental.
*Blessed Be*
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Maybe you could open yourself to contact any benevolent spirit. You don't have to limit yourself to just contacting gods, there are other spirits as well such as land spirits, ancestors, spirit guides, and guardian angels, just to name a few. Start with the spirits you believe in first, then work from there. Reach out in your mind and say hello. See what says hello back. :D
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Very cool sign.

Maybe a gift from the fae, or an elemental?
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

It's possible that leaves are the calling card of earth elementals and fae folks as many believe. So too are flowers or petals, myriad stones and other trinkets left behind to let you know they are there. It's fair to say that at times a leaf can be a powerful symbol and in the right circumstance can lead us to certain and important realizations. Sadly; not every leaf that appears will symbolize something. It may only symbolize the approaching season of spring :) . I know I've said this before but the key is discernment in using symbolism. I think you must ask yourself what this symbol means to you.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Someone else chime in if I am wrong here...!
It looks like to me geranium leaf to me...
And maybe assisted by the Air Sylphs...
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

MsMollimizz wrote:
Someone else chime in if I am wrong here...!
It looks like to me geranium leaf to me...
And maybe assisted by the Air Sylphs...
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
I agree, Geranium was my first thought.

~Falcon
Absinthe

Post by Absinthe »

It looks like a Geranium leaf, count the corners and compare the leaf here:

www.pssc.ttu.edu/techhort/PLANTID/geranium/geranium.htm

If the address doesn't work just google Geraniums and the symbolism and folklore etc about them and who relates to them if your interested in knowing more about the leaf and figuring out what it means to you.
:)
“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, If you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”― Rumi
Absinthe

Post by Absinthe »

It looks like a Geranium leaf, count the corners and compare the leaf here:

www.pssc.ttu.edu/techhort/PLANTID/geranium/geranium.htm

If the address doesn't work just google Geraniums and the symbolism and folklore etc about them and who relates to them if your interested in knowing more about the leaf and figuring out what it means to you.
:)
“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, If you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”― Rumi

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”