Seems I have Strayed

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Seems I have Strayed

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

These last few months I have had so many hardships. My pain level is off the charts, I couldn't reach my son for his 18th. Birthday. I got attacked and when I made it to my pitiful duplex, because of previous wards and spells they couldn't get in. I called the cops, and now my landlord has kicked us out and we are living in our van.
I'm willing to do the work.. I just don't know how to heal myself and get back to the Goddess. I honor Hecate.

Amy tips and good advice to help would be appreciated.

I'm a survivor. I just need a boost every now and again.
Thank you

Dark..Nocturnal Blessings from Hecate and I
MOTHERofDRAGONS9
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Seems I have Strayed

Post by AdastraJunction »

My heart goes out to you in your time of trial. Life can be unfair and hard to deal with when there are other people and things that seem to be against you. This is the time when you need to say "Enough. I will make things better!" nothing can keep you down and out unless you allow it. So don't allow this hardship to keep you from being healthy and happy, MAKE it happen. See if there are shelters in your area that you can stay in or low income housing until you can find a better home to live in. Have you any family or close friends you may be able to stay with? There are always options, it's just a fact of finding them. Have you any spirit guardians that can protect you and guide you into a better mode of thinking to assist you?

I find when things get hard for me that I do not allow myself to feel guilt, anger or despair. These emotions only make it harder to do what we must do to lift ourselves out of the troubles we are in. Take positive action and find joy in the little things for now, all is not lost for you. As you said, you are a survivor so become who you are meant to be and burn through this horrid circumstance to come to a safe haven. I wish you well, truly. Please be safe.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I am so sorry to hear of your current situation! I have been going through some trials and tribulations myself including almost being homeless. I will put you into my circle of light and pray and send positive energy your way. As for what you can do and I know it will be hard but try to stay as positive as you can. Just like Adastra said most places have shelters to help you out. When you allow negative to overcome it makes it harder for positive to happen. Love and light to you in your time of need. Blessed Be sister!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Mother of Dragons... :fairy:
I know the last thing you needed to do was to be homeless
once again...take care of yourself, delve into your pathway
and commune with Hecate, talk with her tell her you would
really like to back under a roof soon. This lifestyle may lead
to once again test your patience...repeat the affirmation
daily dear Lady and life will open back up again for you !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Trials and tribulations? We need them! There's really no way to avoid some of these.

For me, I had to let go of the idea that I should be blessed and harmonious at all times. What I aim for now is balance in whatever emotional response I have to any situation. If I'm having some hardships and difficulties, then, the emotion is centered on the cause.

Gee... I'm finding this hard to explain. I found my center of balance; it's my core state, a combination of awareness, mindfulness, confidence, gratitude, basic goodwill toward others, and unconditional self love. Am I always centered? Absolutely not. But I know where my center is, and it might take some effort sometimes, but that's what I aim for whenever I'm feeling off-balance.

My emotional responses to any given situation are not what throw me off. If I'm suffering, I cry, I shout, I vent, I get pissed, angry, mad, and sad. That's the normal, natural response.

Ok backing up (and apologies for the length of this response)... If I carry something heavy in a bag that's slung over my shoulder, it throws my body temporarily off-balance. If I carry that bag every day for an extended period of time, it eventually screws up my back, and my whole body and every system in it are off-balance even when I put the bag down periodically. My sufferings and troubles was a lot like that heavy bag. When I felt bad about something it had a similar effect to adding another bag to that shoulder -- I felt bad in addition having sufferings. When something made me feel blessed, it had a similar effect to carrying a bag in the other hand; I felt blessed... on top of being cursed (for lack of better term). The trials skewed everything off to one side.

So I had to stop carrying all that stuff around, and it took a long time for me to empty the bag. Some things needed to be thrown out, and some things just needed to be put away in their proper places. As the 'bag' got lighter, it became easier to find my center, and I found that my center is neither happy and joyful nor sad and depressed; it's where I just am. My emotional state in any given moment, then, is a response to the moment and the situation at hand.

That's the ideal, and of course there are times when I find I've put some stuff back in my 'bag' and my emotional response is accordingly off-balance. But even from there, I can work my way back to my center. Sometimes it takes a while, but I know where it is and how to find my way back to it.

So being blessed, joyful and positive all the time is really like just having a different bag on the other shoulder. It would be ... imbalanced. I came here for the human experience; sometimes the experience is uncomfortable and horrible, and sometimes it's joyful. These allow me to build strength from both sides, and they keep me in the center of my path.

Does that make sense?

Oh and perhaps the motivation spell we're weaving will help you. :D
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”