Sigils, Crystals, Spells for Secret-Keeping?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
springsgrace

Sigils, Crystals, Spells for Secret-Keeping?

Post by springsgrace »

Hi everyone!
I'm a very talkative person and I've noticed many of my problems come from telling people too much. I'd like to see if any of you know any magical tips for keeping things private and keeping my words in good order.
Sigils I could write on the back of my hands, crystals I can keep in my pockets, chants/invocations I can memorize, rituals and spells I can perform or anything you think might be able to help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you all :flyingwitch:
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
Sakura Blossom

Re: Sigils/Crystals/Spells for Secret-Keeping?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

springsgrace, I don't think that there is really anything magickal that can help with this. Others may have other opinions and things to share but magick will not really alter you as a person. If you already struggle to keep secrets, then I don't think using a sigil, spell, or any other kind of magickal action will result in being able to keep secrets except for a placebo effect. I think you might be able to carry certain stones (such as amethyst) to help you with nerves you may feel with holding a secret, but there isn't really anything that will make you able to keep things private other than just not speaking. Magick can be used to help assist in this situation, I think, but not entirely rectify it on its own if I'm making sense. I hope I am, at least!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
springsgrace

Post by springsgrace »

I'm not trying to rectify this solely by magic alone, and I note your point and thoroughly agree. But I feel you might have misunderstood me- I'm not expecting some marvelous transformation or a total solving of my problem by chucking a piece of quartz in my pocket and leaving it at that. Of course I'll need to consciously make an effort but I thought there might be some other ways to help myself in combination with my other efforts.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Ah, alright! In that case, you may wish to edit your first post to help clarify that point as it really reads in that way or at least to me. I apologize! D:
But like I said, you could carry around an amethyst to help keep your emotions in check so you don't feel the need to speak about what you wish to keep secret. You could also wear the rune Nauthiz as it can stand for resistance which would help here, I think. I'm not thinking of much else at the moment but it is almost three am and I am super tired because of a long day. Hopefully that helps somewhat!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

If I'm in your situation, I'll be brining one of my vodou dolls I call "Seraphin's Silence" that has an inscription saying, "Yes I know who I am and what I am capable of; I can speak, I can laugh, I can spread both truths and lies. But I stand in the presence of my other self larger than my little self, so much larger that he commands me to stop being a chirping, perky, bubbly social bee," and will put it somewhere I can easily notice and recognize; like making it as a keychain or placing it inside my pocket.

This doll of mine actually helps me to remind myself that there's a time to be a silent and a time to speak. I've shared in this thread how this magick trick works.

On the simple level, this form of gris-gris serves as the string-around-the-finger reminder. As I go about my daily rituals and routines, whether at work or at recreation, the doll gives me an anchor to the world of emotions and even spirituality.

As you may know, my everyday challenge is to make spirituality and magick a part of my reality. In seeing the vodou dolls I made, I have a tangible reminder of my GREATER self. Looking yourself a bit deeper in our lives is a progression –- from recognizing your inner self or awareness in mundane things like a doll, all the way to the spiritual realm.

Having dolls like that is also very empowering. Because I can't normally sense what I need or need not to do without becoming absorbed within my responsibility. And filled with infinite power, myself.

To raise the efficiency of the magick of the doll however, you must obtain and prepare three coloured thread: golden orange or orange, black and red. Place one of them in a tincture of blue tansy, lemon and red pepper. Leave the thread overnight. In the morning, take the threads and let them get dry completely. Lace the three threads around the doll's neck.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Kat
Banned Member

Re: Sigils,Crystals,Spells for Secret-Keeping?

Post by Kat »

why not write sigils, spells and anything is Theban (=the witches alphabet)? that's for being able to memorise.
maybe you read somewhere to ''be silent and dare''? what is it that you talk about? yourself or others? to what people? negative ones as well? maybe try counting backwards or swirling your tongue around your teeth everytime you get the temptation to talk. not biting the tongue; I think that's extreme and might hurt you.
*Blessed Be*
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I would be curious as to what non-magical methods you're applying before I respond with anything else as a "magical aid." Since I think in this situation it would be best to create a physical something-or-other you can carry on your person after charging it with your intent/reminder of times to be silent and to first consider the potential consequences of your decisions/speech.

Call it a charm or a talisman, choose an object you can keep on you that you will see or touch often (bracelet, necklace, ring, stone, etc..). Charge it and give it purpose with your intent and your goals, and shield it. But have it reflect the methods you're using that are non-magical to give it that little extra "oomph" in your reminder.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Springsgrace, I also suffer from the gift of gab and often tell too much, even to people I barely know. After years of being told "you talk too much" I went to see a psychologist and see just what was up (among many other things) and was told I have a non-verbal learning disorder. Basically, I process best, verbally. It use to be impossible for me to keep a secret and actually understand the secret. I needed to say it out loud, usually to someone else to even understand what the secret was. I am NOT saying you have this! I'm just telling you about myself. For me, once I had talked to someone who explained to me why I did this it was the first time I acknowledged that I shouldn't tell strangers any and everything. So I think the fact that you are acknowledging that this is an issue for you will help you realize when you are about to say something you should probably keep to yourself. After that it is all about will power. If you need a reminder I think that Vesca is right a totem (or talisman) may be the way to go. You could use a crystal or a necklace, and purpose it to remind you to keep silent, in certain situations.

Rosie [GREEN HEART]
springsgrace

Post by springsgrace »

Thank you all very much for your responses!
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Sounds like you have a lot of air energy! This summer it might help for you to walk barefoot as much as you can on earth to help ground some of that air. You can also take a key pendant, leave it on the windowsill during the new moon stage (no moon visible) and let it charge, soaking up the moons obfuscate energies then wear it over your heart. You can also journal journal journal!!! You obviously have a lot to say, you're just saying it to the wrong people. So put it to pen & paper, get it out of your system before you explode!!!! :) Talk to your spirit guide often. Ask it to gently nudge/remind you to watch what you say while you talk to others. Just a few suggestions that might help. Good luck & Goddess Bless!!! <3
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Sigils, Crystals, Spells for Secret-Keeping?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

DPhoenix wrote:Sounds like you have a lot of air energy! This summer it might help for you to walk barefoot as much as you can on earth to help ground some of that air. You can also take a key pendant, leave it on the windowsill during the new moon stage (no moon visible) and let it charge, soaking up the moons obfuscate energies then wear it over your heart. You can also journal journal journal!!! You obviously have a lot to say, you're just saying it to the wrong people. So put it to pen & paper, get it out of your system before you explode!!!! :) Talk to your spirit guide often. Ask it to gently nudge/remind you to watch what you say while you talk to others. Just a few suggestions that might help. Good luck & Goddess Bless!!! <3
That's what I'm going to say from now on, I just have a lot of air energy! Anyways, I did it again the other day. We just moved to a new house so a neighbor came by to introduce himself and I end up telling him my life's story. It was to until he left that my fiancé points out to me that I don't know that guy from Adam and a simple intro would have been suffice... *sigh*. He's so right and I didn't even realize it while I was doing it.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Rosie wrote:That's what I'm going to say from now on, I just have a lot of air energy! Anyways, I did it again the other day. We just moved to a new house so a neighbor came by to introduce himself and I end up telling him my life's story. It was to until he left that my fiancé points out to me that I don't know that guy from Adam and a simple intro would have been suffice... *sigh*. He's so right and I didn't even realize it while I was doing it.
Try not to beat yourself up too much over it. Try a simple exercise... try simply observing for a day. If someone talks to you, you don't have to be rude but try to keep it to one sentence or get them to do most of the talking. There's nothing wrong with sharing but you do have to be careful. There are people who will use what you say against you down the road. You can't trust everyone with your personal information. Who you are and how you feel is sacred. Try not to feel like you need to give it away to everyone. Save those sacred feelings and stories for those you know care about you and won't try to use them later to manipulate you. Again, don't beat yourself up over it! You have a beautiful soul and if it's not causing any problems and you like the way you are... you don't have to change if you don't want to. Thanks for updating us & Goddess Bless! <3
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Absinthe

Post by Absinthe »

I have the same problem and sometimes you can't help walk away from a conversation thinking oops I shouldn't have said that and told that random stranger my whole life story but rather laugh about it, be lighthearted and even if you do see that person again don't feel embarrassed. You are who you are.
I've started doing this thing where instead of telling the person everything, I give them the brief and that helps me keep it short. You can't help want to talk about what's happened, your experiences. Just sometimes we need to not randomly tell someone about our lives
eg Jason: "I love cheese cake!" Sahz: " When I was a child my mother was a junkie on heroin and we were in and out of children's homes"
Time and place for everything(I have to remember that too cause it does leave much awkwardness when you talk about something light hearted and then pop into the deep stuff randomly and when no ones expecting it.
My problem is I don't see people often so I get moments of extreme loneliness(posted about an incident that happened the other day because of it) and being a scorpio I keep to a few friends than many(2) so as much as I want friends I don't. I've found that people generally take what you've said and twist it or make it into a bigger deal than it was to you. Or the way they see you is twisted and then they avoid you and try to escape you lol. (also a tendency to talk about deep things so people do end up avoiding me)
I also have PTSD(joy) so I take anxiety pills for that, I carry some of my crystals and stones with me to help calm me like clear quartz, citrine, tigers eye, amethist, I keep lavender with me at all times(I even smudge with it), I also have the Vegvisir tattooed on my wrist to help me remember to stay calm and not get lost, to find my way when I do, its my compass for everything it has more meaning but that's some of it.
I have an forceful personality so at times I become very intense and I have to take a step back and remember to calm it and give people a chance to breathe without me over sharing( I do often) but its a work in progress. Don't feel to bad when you have days where you over share. It happens but every minute brings something new and every day is a new day to carry on trying. :)
Over sharing is easy to do because all you really want to do is talk to someone and share these things without being judged and ridiculed.
“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, If you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”― Rumi
TigerStorm

Post by TigerStorm »

Hypnotism could help. And there are methods of doing self-hypnosis.

I don't have this problem. Well maybe I do, I'm *extremely* open about who I am and my odd activities with all my friends and sometimes coworkers... but all my friends are very open-minded and are the same way...

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”