About having innate abilities

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Alsol

About having innate abilities

Post by Alsol »

I... would first like to thank you very much for your time.

I do not know how to begin, but reading your description in the forum I just thought you might have something to say about a question I have (not that I do not deem important any others' opinion!!) But I digress...

Would you say... is there is a possibility of having innate magical abilities?

It is well-known in my immediate family that supernatural events are a common thing, but no one actually practices witchcraft or something related. I was recently told I have a strange mystique aura sorrounding me, and before that someone told me I had something in my hand (and she practices witchcraft) which denoted magical ancestry.

All of this is hard to digest since I mostly try to have a skeptical position (in spite of having a few supernatural experiences of my own.), and I have supressed my thoughts on this until lately, for I have been very attracted to the point of purchasing my own tarot deck. Also I thought I might say I am a very lucky person. Perhaps not in winning lottery-sense but... I have always had a feeling of having a sorted-out path in which in spite of making mistakes my life's been pretty good, maybe above average (and I am thankful for that, I just don't know to whom to be thankful.)

EDIT: I also have a strange thing with the number -11-, and lately the number -13-, but mostly eleven. With cashiers, seats, cards, streets, the clock, and almost anything, really. It was at first very coincidential but I now also seek it on purpose. I would say is my lucky number.

I do not even know If I want to practice witchcraft completely, but I am indeed very curious and willing to learn, specially if I can exploit it both for my advantage and for helping others.

Again, thank you for your time! I am indeed most grateful.
Sakura Blossom

Re: About having innate abilities

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Hello, Alsol!

I'm going to chime in here as I think I can also help answer your question!

Some people do believe that there are those who are "natural-born witches" meaning they were simply born with the ability to learn quickly and have a knack for magick work or following a more Pagan path. I personally believe this could be possible but at the same time I feel like everyone who follows this path was born in this way, if I'm making any sense with that.

Some may have an easier time opening up to the ideas of Witchcraft and other "abilities" such as clairvoyance, mediumship, and so on. Though, I also think that everyone is born with the ability to do so but some may not be aware of that. I feel like I'm talking in circles but hopefully you can get the gist of what I mean.

I want to stress, though, that witchcraft is NOT like Harry Potter or in the movies. There's no real "magic" in the sense that you seen glamorized in Hollywood. Really it's our personal will being sent out to the universe and in my personal opinion, the help of deities/powerful beings and the world's energy that make our will possible.

With you mentioning your luck and seeing the number 11 as well as 13, I would say that there is a chance a deity (God or Goddess) may be reaching out to you as well as taking favor to you which is why you've been having a lucky streak.

I used to have a lot of good luck too before I fully accepted Loki into my life (he's since caused nothing but chaos which is teaching me many lessons I need to learn).

It's really hard to say one way or another because there is no right or wrong answer as nothing has been proven as fact. This is why we call it faith in diversity because there are many different theories but none have been shown as being 100% true, you know?

So all of this aside, and forgetting about the idea of being "natural-born" with this, how do YOU feel? Are you drawn to this path? You said you are willing to learn and are curious, so perhaps you may wish to investigate into this further. Everyone has their own special and unique path so I think you've made the right choice in coming here to find your answers!

I hope this helps and made some sense as I'm rather sleepy at the moment (long, long, LONG day!) and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask any of us!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

It is a thing that is possible. I personally believe that Im a, "natural witch". Ive always been able to know what was going to happen before it happened, always had a near telepathic connection with animals, have been told by various other witches and psychics that I have an, "interesting" aura (whatever that means), seem to have an ability to sense spirits, found vision questing fairly easy and learning magick was always something that came very easily to me.
IMO, it can be a talent that some people are just naturally good at, just as any other skill can be.
For most of my life, Ive never really remembered my dreams. This is something that my wife and I have talked about at length. I always used to tell her that I dont dream and she always told me that I dream, I simply dont remember it for some reason. She believed that because I suffer from night terrors sometimes that for whatever reason, my mind simply blocks it and I dont remember what I dream about. Anyways, a couple months ago I decided that I want to start remembering my dreams and that I wanted to start having lucid dreams. Sooooo, one night I simply meditated on remembering my dreams and wouldnt you know, the very first night I had some of the most vivid dreams Ive ever had and now I remember most of my dreams. Most of the time, Im not sure if Im dreaming or if Im awake and only when I wake up do I realize that I was dreaming, which is kind of a weird experience.
In some ways, its something that I wish that I wasnt because it would be nice to just be normal but even in the years when I stopped practicing it was still there, so its clearly something that I cant just turn off.
Alsol

Post by Alsol »

Sakura Blossom:

You indeed made a lot of sense. I understand now. The fact of being drawn to this is perhaps a major characteristic of having the ability in itself. I want to think about it as any other skill, such as an instrument. Anyone can, but some are just born for it. However I never thought about it as in fiction (though that would be awesome).

What you said about Loki, though, scares me much. I am... not sure if I want to end my lucky streak (and turn it over) for the sake of learning why is it happening (and from who, if that's the case), but there is the thought.

About how do I feel... yes, I do wish to explore this aspect I have neglected for so long. Have I mentioned I found this site out of luck? You all are a lovely bunch.

--
Badgerstate:

Hey! Awesome about your thing with the animals. Dogs love me but I am yet to discover how to appeal to cats. I like them but they don't in return... =(

Your ability to have lucid dreams at will sounds also marvelous, specially if they feel that real (of course respecting your stance about what you said of wanting to be normal).

Maybe I stopped wanting to be normal. If I am wrong is something I have yet to discover.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello Alsol! I also feel that I was born with many "innate abilities" and as a child they were much stronger. But, because of others telling me that I was weird and that these things were my overly strong imagination, I began to shut these abilities off and spent some time not using them at all and being normal. But, events happened that led to an experience that has begun my journey to understand these abilities, turn them back on, and use them to better myself and others. One piece of advice I will give you is, meditation helps a lot! Especially with remembering dreams! Also, when it's very quiet it's much easier to hear messages and the voice they spoken in, easier to determine who is speaking. I'm glad you found your way to this forum, it has been more than helpful to me. When I joined I said in my intro that I wasn't clairvoyant or a medium or empath or anything like that, but after reading and discussing with people on this forum I think I those are exactly what I am. I just always believed I had an extremely strong imagination. Now that I believe in myself and believe these things are real and possible, they happen more frequently. I've experienced more supernatural things in the last two months than I did over the last two years and I believe it's because I'm more aware of it and because I do not dismiss it with skepticism anymore. There are many great posts on this forum old and new to check out and learn lots! I hope you find all of the answers you are looking for!

Rosie [GREEN HEART]
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Don't let it scare you. (: Just because it has happened to me does not mean it is the same case with you, you know? But I am glad you are interested in learning and exploring. It will show you how diverse Paganism/Witchcraft/etc. truly is. I am glad I could help you and make sense! If you have anymore questions please let us know!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Alsol

Post by Alsol »

Rosie:

Your story is refreshing. I applaud you for standing for your beliefs and believeing, ultimately, in what you knew you were instead of what others wanted you to be. You are right about meditation, it's the best advice I always got, yet I rarely did it. After realizing how healing it is, I cannot imagine not doing it anymore. Coincidentially, I am having the most vivid dreams yet, and very symbolic. Sadly I am far from controlling them (lucid dreaming), but one step at a time. At least now I remember and it allows me to meditate even more into what is deep inside.
Alsol

Post by Alsol »

Sakura Blossom:
Know I am grateful, I consider time invaluable and the fact that you (and all of you) actually gave me some is an honour.

I do not have a concrete question but I would like you all to know, as an update. I am having this late tendency to connect with others and they seek me for advice. This happened as soon as I unveiled my skepticism mask and accepted I do not know the answer (a couple of weeks before today.)

I think nobody should ever have such power to inffluence that much in other's lives, but I am glad it was me, for at least I do not consider myself a bad person, nor my advice was forceful. I merely guided what they already knew and wanted. I received a two phone calls around 30 min. ago. Both great news. One person ended her destructive relationship (I promise I never told her what was good for her, I merely guided her to her own truth), the other just realized she wanted to travel and continue studying instead of staying here feeling helpless.

I am not certified in psychology, nor I will ever give someone directions or steps into what exactly do with their lives, but I just noted sometimes people just want someone to talk to, and they have their own answer and oddly I have this ability to connect.

Perhaps this is what I want. As I said in my first post, I am willing to learn, especially if I can exploit it both for my advantage and for helping others. I am considering, perhaps, learning tarot.
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

Alsol wrote:Badgerstate:

Hey! Awesome about your thing with the animals. Dogs love me but I am yet to discover how to appeal to cats. I like them but they don't in return... =(

Your ability to have lucid dreams at will sounds also marvelous, specially if they feel that real (of course respecting your stance about what you said of wanting to be normal).

Maybe I stopped wanting to be normal. If I am wrong is something I have yet to discover.
It is what it is. I believe that everything happens for a reason, even if in the here and now I dont fully understand it.
Alsol

Post by Alsol »

And that my friend, is what I think is one of our main quests in life. To try to understand that.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

First I want to apologize for not seeing this sooner. I have not been on as often as normal lately. However to answer you I would not say at all that you are crazy at all. Many of us have natural gifts, it is up to you to recognize it or not. I believe that we all posess some kind of ability (gift). For instance, I can sense when danger is coming or present. I have had this gift for as far back as I can remember. We are all different and I would advise to just go with it. Work on your gifts to make them stronger if you want. Blessed Be.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was just reading through here, and noticed Loki and cats mentioned. I finally realized, last year, that Loki had been calling me for years. I still have chaos, but now I understand why. As for cats, sometimes you just have to let things happen on their terms. They are very spiritual creatures, so it could be that something in your energy field makes their whiskers itch.

I would encourage you to keep using and developing your innate gifts, even when they don't exactly feel like gifts.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Alsol

Post by Alsol »

Sorry, now I'm the one who went off for a while. I cannot say I recognize any identity with a name, nor it has manifested physically, but I've had many events lately, and a bit of mischief too. As soon as I dared even mention this to close friends, they began seeking me for conseil, which is leaving me drained and it's been taking a toll on some aspects of my life. I need to find a balance between helping and being more healthy.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”