Calling upon spirits/elements

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
AnaisStar

Re: Calling upon spirits/elements

Post by AnaisStar »

YanaKhan wrote:This is an excellent point, Wolf-Tigress.
And while I agree that when you work with deities, you should ask politely, it is my opinion that when you express desire you should make a statement, not beg.
What I mean is, when you are casting a spell for example and you have a desire, it's a good idea to say something like "it is my will to get this/make this happen/be this", rather than "I wish it could come true". Basically, what you say is, you do know what you want, and you work towards getting it, rather than just wish everything to be the way you want it.
I hope this makes sense.
Another good point!

I always use positive statements and stating it often as if it has already happened. "Thank you so and so for protecting us safely on our journey". or something along those lines.
LadyCoyote

Post by LadyCoyote »

Yes I also really respond well together with sprits and deities and such with kind words. I act as though they are my friend. I think that acting humble and polite really helps your mind be at peace and clearer within workings and so I always try tHat. But as with Christianity and such I never got the same friend level understanding as I do now, and that's very important to me. The sense that you care collaborating on an artpiece is the best description.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

it's something like a primitive person living in caves, speaking in screams would ''say'' to you, his god/goddess; bcuz you use iphones and do things he doesn't understand so you're superior. lol what an example huh!
*Blessed Be*
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

I'm of the opinion that they know your intentions so if you accidentally mis-word something they're not going to get upset. You can be mute and still be able to perform magick, because it's the energy & vibes we're giving off not the words that come out of our mouth.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”