spells without candles?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
moonsweetie4u

spells without candles?

Post by moonsweetie4u »

So I live in a college dorm that forbids even lighting candles let alone having them. Is there a list of spells that don't require candles?
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

this really depends on the use of the candles in the spell. Do you mind elaborating on your intent?
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

You could always get candles and go off somewhere outside and do it. Maybe a secluded place in the woods or something. Mother Earth is the clearest place to do workings.

Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Elem

Post by Elem »

Then again.. You could just not use candles at all. Find an alternate method to acheive what it is you're trying to do.

There's more ways than just spells :).

Elem
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

You don't NEED candles to do any magic, well.....except candle magic!
LOL!

hedge
FatalMind

Post by FatalMind »

Hm.. I've heard of people using crystals in place of candles.. I had it in a book somewhere but I can't find it.. :oops:
[LunaRose]

Post by [LunaRose] »

I've heard of people performing entire spells by visualization alone, but as HedgeWitch says, you only need a candle if you are doing a candle spell.
I have returned from the ashes and I am reborn.

LunaRose
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

I agree, you don't need a candle for spells, but if you must have that visualization of one, and can't perform the spell outside, you can use those lamps that are shaped like candles.

I don't know how to describe them exactly, but there is a light inside of the base, but synthetic flamed shaped material scraps around it. When you turn it on, the material moves upward, to imitate a dancing flame. Edit: battery powered "flameless" candles come in tapers, pillars & tea lights, & various colors.

The cheapest I saw them was $12.99 at Walgreens (that place has everything, by the way...).

Edit: I found something that looks like it:

Courtesy of Nyte_Wytch, it's her avatar. I hope she forgives me. Don't worry, I didn't direct link!
Elem

Post by Elem »

Ahhh, yeah. I have one of those. They're actually pretty noisy and distracting, so may not be the best if you're trying to concentrate :).

Another idea that you've just given me though is to buy one of those lamps / bulbs that looks like a candle. They have a filament inside them that 'flickers', simulating candlelight.

They look almost identical to this - http://www.cndcountrygifts.com/images/LIG-002d.jpg

I'm sure you've seen them, or something similar to them before.

Hope that helps!

Elem
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

I didn't know they were noisy, hm...

I like your suggestion so much better, since yours actually looks like a candle. I haven't seen those around, do you know how much they're usually sold for?
Elem

Post by Elem »

I'm not sure, sorry. I wouldn't imagine they were too much though.

I think you can even just buy the bulb, which can then be fitted into an ordinary lamp or light fixture, giving dim, flickering candle-like light :).

If I find anywhere you can buy them from, I'll post it up on here.

Elem
Nyte_Wytch

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

Courtesy of Nyte_Wytch, it's her avatar. I hope she forgives me. Don't worry, I didn't direct link!

No problem, LOL I don't get uptight about things like this;o)
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

Good :D I'm glad.

I know how annoying it is for people to use up your bandwidth, so I try not to do that.
Arianna

Post by Arianna »

I'm glad someone else brought this up. In my dorm it is the same, no candles or insense (except on a candle warmer or oil insense in a warmer) Of course there's an idiot down the hall the burns insense...

Anyway... I was told by the student life person I couldn't use candles except at our student center, and I had to be supervised by someone.

Now, I go to a Lutheran College. So its not a wise idea to do a spell when your being watched by a christian. And here, if your not christian, automatically they start talking about how they're going to save your eternal soul by converting you. Yay tiny towns in iowa!!

But I find it unfair. A person here can worship in their rooms, but just because we're not christian, we can't. It shouldn't matter about candles, because we have tables and stuff here FOR candles... blah....

not to mention that it's hardly private, and no way to worship.

do you agree?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: spells without candles?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”