Circle Casting and Fatigue

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
snowowl

Circle Casting and Fatigue

Post by snowowl »

I am a total newbie and I have a question about circle casting.

I've been casting my circle and as I begin to the cast my spell I suddenly become tired and fatigued. Is this a common newbie issue? If so, does it pass after learning how to 'deal' with raising your energy? Any comments or suggestiosn are welcome.

P.S. I am totally new here and I wanted to just say 'hiiiiii!' to everybody!
Sau

Re: Circle Casting and Fatigue

Post by Sau »

Magick is all bout energy, It is very common to feel tired or drained after a magickal act. It is a good sign, you can obviously focus your energy into your intent and that is the goal with any spell, ritual or other act of magick.
I suggest you do some energy work, it takes a bit of time to develop a healthy energy reserve.
Don't forget that there is energy all around you at all times. You can learn to draw energy from your enviroment.
But keep at it, I would consider that a positive sign of success.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Sau is right. Use the universal energy all around you and channel it. You are exhausted because you are using your own personal energy.
Myrth
snowowl

Post by snowowl »

Thank you Sau and Myrth, that makes a lot of sense. I will focus on drawing energy from around me next time! :)
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Pull it up thru your feet, and please remember
to send it back to be recharged !
Gentle Red Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

As Sau said, it's completely normal. I recommend you that after doing magick, take a sleep as it gives you a chance to become re-energized. It allows you to heal, both physically, emotionally and energetically. It's a way to recharge your batteries for another magickal and energetic growth.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Having a snack after magickal work is helpful too. Food helps to ground us, to reconnect us with the mundane world and to recharge our energy. Setting a bit of the food aside for the Divine is another way to connect with Them as well. :wink:
Jake1001

Post by Jake1001 »

As everyone else said, It's completely natural my friend said she feels this way, as everyone said, maybe ask the god and goddess and the elements for extra energy beforehand or eat something afterwards. Everything you do requires all different types of energy wether it is magickal or not -- Like scott cunningham says, you release energy but then you breathe it in (in and out in and out breathes) It's completely normal you're just getting used and attuned to the energies of circle casting and magickal working. Before you know it you wont notice fatigue.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”