Moon And Other Celestial Power

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Phoebe43

Moon And Other Celestial Power

Post by Phoebe43 »

Hi. I am interested in knowing if there are other "power sources" to draw from besides the moon. When there is a void of course (voc), it seems you can't really do anything but divination and "knowledge" type stuff (learning about past lives, etc.) from what I gather. I once read a post somewhere in which the person was talking about "light work" and so I wondered what it means to be a "light worker" and if there are other types of power to tap into instead of the Moon either during the VOC or in general. I wanted to do some spells and see if they work if I draw from light? (not sure what that means) or something. I think I've heard of using the earth's power too. Thank you.
MsMollimizz

Re: Moon Power VOC vs. ?

Post by MsMollimizz »

A boost in energy can come from a few places...
Yourself, the Sun, the Moon, the Universe, and
of coarse Mother Earth.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Siona

Re: Moon And Other Celestial Power

Post by Siona »

Spells don't have to be timed to the moon, or to astrology. Remember, magic is something humans all over the planet have done for most of our history, where western astrology was not known in much of the world for most of that time. Even now many of us witches don't adhere to the ideas of western astrology. Likewise, the moon was not always considered something important for magic, either, and even in places where it did play a role, different areas of the world sometimes assigned different meanings to different moon phases.

If you find timing your spells to astrological events helps you to focus your energy, then go for it! However, don't feel you have to limit yourself to it, or to the moon phases, or anything else, or the ideas other people have surrounding these events.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

When it comes to light work I not only use the moon, but i use corresponding tools such as candles, stones, incenses, herbs. Depending on what I am working on determines what I use. Keep in mind always that the intent you put forth is the ultimate power. The tools (moon included) just help to enpower the intent.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

You can draw power from so many sources. And as mentioned the most powerful source is your intention, will and desire.
Phoebe43

Post by Phoebe43 »

I never thought of intention as a tool. A power...I thought we had to DRAW the moon's power. I just did a spell for calming and noted in the middle of the spell, a void came about ... does that affect my spell going from the moon in aries (calm lol) to a void...? The candle burned two hours and I started with the Aries moon. Thank you.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya Phoebe43!

Anything that has a power can be used as a tool! :D And intention is actually the most powerful magickal tool we have! Professional gamblers, as well as some businessmen, are very much aware of the this mental tool. When betting on a number or venturing in a new project or scheme they use it to achieve their goals!

Intentions is the very basic tool that determine the results of any magickal work.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

That's what correspondences are for! :) They are lists of things you can draw power from. Now there are different schools of thought behind correspondences (things you can draw power from). Some take the power of attraction as being the main source of power. That adjusting your energy, setting your intention and then bringing it about by the focus of your will is all you need. Thenthere's some who believe in animism. That everything even inanimate objects, have a spirit and are alive. Some believe that everything you call upon during a spell can come to aid you such as rocks, crystals, metals, plants, trees etc. Nature elementals, fae, deities, the directions, archangles, animals, spirit guides etc. You need to find what resonates with you. What do you feel comfortable working with? I personally work with the moon, herbs, incense, candles, feng shui, stones, metals and animals. Depends on my situation and what I feel like working with at the moment. And as far as the moon, that doesn't dictate when you perform a spell. It just means that certain phases offer more power for certain spells.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”