How to deal with doubt?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
mangosandy82

How to deal with doubt?

Post by mangosandy82 »

I have a lot doubt clouding my mind. Is there a way where I can get rid of it? I do believe in the gods of nature. Sometimes when I'm really stressed out I take it out on my new path. I'm just like "Forget it". But deep down I still believe. I've been going through a hard time at work. The managers don't treat me right anymore. They make me feel like my work there isn't good enough. I am searching for another job. I want to get out of there asap!

Is there anyway where I can make the gods/ess feel more stronger in every day life? Just anything to get rid of this doubt. I should explain that I had a lot of doubt towards the Christian God because he didn't answer my prayers or anything. He wasn't present in my life. That's where all the doubt is coming from. Then I think I should give these God/ess I have chosen a chance. They do speak to me more than the Christian God has ever had! I guess I should just believe in that!
MsMollimizz

Re: How to deal with doubt?

Post by MsMollimizz »

Wow ! Looks like you've gone around in a circle and
answered your own question. Funny how life does that
huh ?
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Indigo Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Patience is a virtue. Sometimes it's hard to be virtuous. Also, sometimes the answer to a prayer isn't the answer that we want.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

There are entities that makes some people believe that there is no design or divine providence in our lives. Everything is haphazard, dictated by chance, coincidence and luck. The energy of these entities is to create doubts about what is true and real for you, and of the role of spiritual world in directing physical events in the best possible way.

Philosophically, these entities and the Deities stand at opposite ends of the spectrum. To counter-attack these activity, we must believe that our life has purpose and meaning, and that the Gods and Goddesses is intimately involved in all aspects of our works and tasks. Even when things seems gloomy and confusing, the Deities are there, guiding events.

I suggest you take a day off and dedicate that day to your Goddess. Remember all the good things and bad things that happened in your life and try to analyze what it did occur. Do this every once in a month. Take all the revelations, realizations and reflections to heart, and do your part -- to fight the idea of a random world.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
mangosandy82

Post by mangosandy82 »

thank you everyone. i still deal with doubt but im working on being positive about my gods/ess and the religion. although i call it a way of life. whenever i am stressed the most i don't do anything that involves wicca. when i am happy i do wicca stuff. i will dedicate some time to my god/ess. :)
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

MangoSandy,
May I suggest an affirmation or two for you ???
1) When you wake up tell yourself in the mirror
three times, "I love myself", simple 3 words.
As time goes on you can add more...
2) As you are getting ready to sleep say this
to yourself, "I am powerful" 3 times.
Do you keep a journal ? You should, it helps
tremendously ! Keeping track of your magickal
doings shows how much you have grown as
time goes by. It also helps you get your troubles
off your chest and onto paper give you a way
to look at it differently so you can fix them.
Staying positive makes things work out better.
The biggest thing is to remember to relax and
don't force things, it will work when it's suppose
to work.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
mangosandy82

Post by mangosandy82 »

Thank you. Yes I keep a journal.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Doubt is our minds making adjustments for new truth levels so rather than banishing doubt let it guide. Take a look at what makes you question. Maybe expectations are in need of adjusting to new awareness. That’s a good thing. :D

Then focus on what works and repeat as needed.
Garuda

Post by Garuda »

I so hope ^this^ is true. I'm "new" to this in a lot of ways myself, with lots of questions (most of them half-formed at this point) and a serious lack of people to talk with about them. One minute I think I've found an exciting new way of being, the next I wonder if I'm just going nuts!
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

I often wonder if I'm crazy, but I mean in my opinion it's better to Question then blindly believe things, hence the quote I use at the bottom of my posts
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
Garuda

Post by Garuda »

^ITA, ThunderFog! Unfortunately, I have a tendency to overthink, which probably gums things up.

I just wish whatever energies we work with would, in their infinite wisdom, find a way to understand what it's like to be a temporal being. It's all well and good to say "in the Universe's own time and way", but as someone stuck in a slowly rotting meat suit, I'd like the order I placed to arrive sooner rather than later and with a minimum of coy "this isn't quite what you expected-- but it's for the best, really!" palaver.
barker

Post by barker »

Expectations turn into judgements... in the unwilling... no doubt.
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

Garuda wrote: as someone stuck in a slowly rotting meat suit.
I like this description, another one of my favorites that I've heard is "flesh suit"
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think we see a wide reality with more frequencies of the song life is singing, or humming if it doesn’t know the words.

The original poster had written “ Is there anyway where I can make the gods/ess feel more stronger in every day life? Just anything to get rid of this doubt?”

Well, yes there are ways. Almost always it involves stretching the way we see Deity because they won’t fit any box we try to put them in. They invite us to think bigger & give them more space to show us who they are. And they ain’t no sugar daddy.

One fun way to stretch the mental envelope is to look at ordinary objects & imagine in what way they are the “body” of the Deity, the “form” of the One. We meditators talk about everything being connected. Eh-yup. Now look for it.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

barker wrote:Expectations turn into judgements... in the unwilling... no doubt.
About the truest statement you have made, except it happens to the willing as well. Bummer
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”