Asking Questions

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Asking Questions

Post by SnowCat »

Asking questions is encouraged. Ignoring the answers to those questions is rude and disruptive. If you ask a question, and someone answers, please don't just continue as if no one had responded.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
MsMollimizz

Re: Asking Questions

Post by MsMollimizz »

I've often wondered whether or not someone was just
not paying attention or didn't care/like the answer !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Maybe it's not the answer they want/are looking for :/
Luna87

Post by Luna87 »

There is a saying " there is no such thing as a stupid question", but I would also like to add that there are no stupid answers, it is all about how you react to that answer :) Still I agree that it is very rude not to answer back, when someone have answered your question. If you do not like the answer, still say thank you, since the other person used some of his or her energy in answering you :)

Just my personal oppinion on the thread :)
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Too bad there wasn't a "like" button... maybe I spend too much time on facebook...
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Yes! Can we install a like button here, pretty pweaassee... :lol:
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
SaturnStar

Post by SaturnStar »

Hi Snowcat. So much has changed in this world. Common courtesy and manners are at the top of the list of endangered societal norms. One could write a dissertation on how this has come about but I question whether or not it would have a significant effect. It is possible that people come to this site and ask a question and do not respond to answers for a number of reasons.

One of those reason may be that they visit infrequently and by the time the do get around to reading the answers they think so much time has passed that the common courtesy of responding to and thanking someone for answering their question is not necessary. That of course would be considered a lack of courtesy. A very simple and polite way to handle such an occasion would be to preface you reply with "I apologize for the length of time it has taken me to get back to you" and then offer some explanation such as "Life has been incredibly demanding lately and I have had very little time to visit my favorite website". Of course one would have to care about the feelings of others to take the time to respond that way.

Another reason may be that the person did not find the answer enlightening and feels they do not need to respond. Again a lack of common courtesy. A polite and decent person would at least find a way to say "thank you for your response, though it is not what I am seeking I appreciate the effort you have shown me". Again Snowcat such a response requires a person to care about others.

I could go on with explanations and remedies but we both know this is not a dissertation. One thing we know for sure Our actions, thoughts and spoken and unspoken words are all full of magic and magic carries unintended consequences for those that are not careful. The law of three pertains to spells. What a lot of pagans may not understand is that a spell does not necessarily have to come from structured ritual.

I hope I never find myself becoming one of those pagans.

Blessed Be
May the Moon guide you with her light
May the sun greet you with a smile
May the wind kiss you cheek as it passes
May Bodies of water always refresh you
May the Earth hold you firm upon her mantle
Alice3

Post by Alice3 »

Guys your posts are so informative. Thank you so much :D

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”