Can I be Wicca if I have a handicap?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Annellin

Can I be Wicca if I have a handicap?

Post by Annellin »

Hi all! I'm new to everything, and I mean...really everything:) Firstly...sorry for my bad english, I can understand really well, but when comes to writing... I'm here for a simple, but, at the same time, hard question. Can I be Wicca if I'm blind? yes, you're right, I'm blind. How I can practice the rituals and everything? Help me, please. I'm totally lost. Thanks for everything! P.S. sorry if is the wrong place to ask this...
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Can I be Wicca if I have a handicap?

Post by loona wynd »

You can practice witchcraft and Wicca if you have handicaps and disabilities. It's just learning to work around them and with them. There are ways you can work with your handicap and disabilities to create a path that works just for you. You may need to adapt your tools and the altar set ups but they can work for you. Its all about finding ways to work with the Gods and spirits that works for you. So if you can't use candles than you don't work with candles. You find other ways to work with those elements and forces. There is no real right or wrong way to work rituals.
Annellin

Post by Annellin »

loona wynd wrote:You can practice witchcraft and Wicca if you have handicaps and disabilities. Its just learning to work around them and with them. There are ways you can work with your handicap and disabilities to create a path that works just for you. You may need to adapt your tools and the altar set ups but they can work for you. Its all about finding ways to work with the Gods and spirits that works for you. So if you can't use candles than you don't work with candles. You find other ways to work with those elements and forces. There is no real right or wrong way to work rituals.
Thanx
a lot! that's the issue, my parents are christians, and I really don't have any idea how I can work around this. I...try to search and read everything, that can be found, but...is hard. not all sites contain true information...
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hi, DianaRiddle. Being blind obviously is not a problem for you in life - I mean, you can read, write and probably take care of yourself. So I don't see a reason why you can't be Wicca or follow any other religion. Nobody in the christian church will say you can't be christian because you have a disability. It's the same with Wicca and witchcraft. You can learn and fast, you only need to study, that's all.
So, welcome to the board. Feel free to ask all the questions that come to mind. People here are very nice and helpful.
Annellin

Post by Annellin »

YanaKhan wrote:Hi, DianaRiddle. Being blind obviously is not a problem for you in life - I mean, you can read, write and probably take care of yourself. So I don't see a reason why you can't be Wicca or follow any other religion. Nobody in the christian church will say you can't be christian because you have a disability. It's the same with Wicca and witchcraft. You can learn and fast, you only need to study, that's all.
So, welcome to the board. Feel free to ask all the questions that come to mind. People here are very nice and helpful.
Hi, YanaKhan. Thanx for your wonderful words. Yes, you're right. But, the main problem is...How I can show to a Goddes, or a God my respect, and to thank her/him? where I live, I can't find shops. How can I create my own altar, my amulet of protection...my wand...or things like this? Sorry if this is out of subject, I'm feel totally lost...
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Well, this is probably a subject for another thread, but I would suggest you start by reading some books about Wicca and witchcraft. I always recommend "Complete idiot's guide to Wicca and witchcraft" by Denise Zimmermann and Katherine A. Gleason, "Beginner candle magick" by Richard Webster and "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner" by Scott Cunningham. You can easily find these in a e-book format, so you don't need to buy them.
You don't really need many things in the very beginning. Your wand can be a branch you pick from the area you live in, chalice, athame and cauldron can be picked from your home. You don't need to buy expensive things to be a witch.
As for the God and Goddess, I am not the best person to give advice as it took me years to establish a connection to any deity and I don't work with God and Goddess in the wiccan conception.
Annellin

Post by Annellin »

Elcida wrote:Well, this is probably a subject for another thread, but I would suggest you start by reading some books about Wicca and witchcraft. I always recommend "Complete idiot's guide to Wicca and witchcraft" by Denise Zimmermann and Katherine A. Gleason, "Beginner candle magick" by Richard Webster and "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner" by Scott Cunningham. You can easily find these in a e-book format, so you don't need to buy them.
You don't really need many things in the very beginning. Your wand can be a branch you pick from the area you live in, chalice, athame and cauldron can be picked from your home. You don't need to buy expensive things to be a witch.
As for the God and Goddess, I am not the best person to give advice as it took me years to establish a connection to any deity and I don't work with God and Goddess in the wiccan conception.
Thanx for everything! You really helped me! Where can I ask this, being at the same time in a good...place? thanks again!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

DianaRiddle wrote:
Elcida wrote:where can i ask this, being at the same time in a good...place? thanks again!
I moved your thread to the General Questions About Wicca and Magic forum, so you're fine. No worries, keep posting.

Annellin

Post by Annellin »

Kassandra wrote:
DianaRiddle wrote:
Elcida wrote:where can i ask this, being at the same time in a good...place? thanks again!
I moved your thread to the General Questions About Wicca and Magic forum, so you're fine. No worries, keep posting.

Thanx!
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Thanx
a lot! that's the issue, my parents are christians, and i really don't have any idea how i can work around this. I...try to search and read everything, that can be find, but...is hard. not all sites contain true information...
Yes of course you can study even if you are disabled. The power is within you so even if you could not use tools physically you do not have to use tools. The power is within you and your mind. So typically speaking even if the reason you are having issues with practicing because of your parents then the same applies!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

DianaRiddle wrote:
loona wynd wrote:You can practice witchcraft and Wicca if you have handicaps and disabilities. Its just learning to work around them and with them. There are ways you can work with your handicap and disabilities to create a path that works just for you. You may need to adapt your tools and the altar set ups but they can work for you. Its all about finding ways to work with the Gods and spirits that works for you. So if you can't use candles than you don't work with candles. You find other ways to work with those elements and forces. There is no real right or wrong way to work rituals.
Thanx
a lot! that's the issue, my parents are christians, and i really don't have any idea how i can work around this. I...try to search and read everything, that can be find, but...is hard. not all sites contain true information...
You are on a good site for finding information. There are a lot of resources on many different styles and types of witchcraft here. My advice would be to take a look at the 101 Wicca and witchcraft thread guide and click on the ones that seem interesting for you. There are a lot of good threads on that listing and I'm sure you can find something there useful for you.
random417

Post by random417 »

Any tool you might use exists so your MIND can draw links with it too your magick or your intended result. Look into correspondences. You probably won't have much use personally for colors, but there should be things out there for scent, and sound that are easily found online. I would suggest exploring your own sets of correspondence, and discovering things that work for you. Also, my blind friend (who isn't a spell worker of any kind) is very tactile. If that's true of you as well, you might start with textures and what they mean for you. Honestly, if you would throw some of that up here, I'd be really interested in reading it.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Annellin

Post by Annellin »

random417 wrote:Any tool you might use exists so your MIND can draw links with it too your magick or your intended result. Look into correspondences. You probably won't have much use personally for colors, but there should be things out there for scent, and sound that are easily found online. I would suggest exploring your own sets of correspondence, and discovering things that work for you. Also, my blind friend (who isn't a spell worker of any kind) is very tactile. If that's true of you as well, you might start with textures and what they mean for you. Honestly, if you would throw some of that up here, I'd be really interested in reading it.
Thanks, I just now managed to recover my password, and I'll start trying again. last year was quite...full of surprises. I just have the feeling that magick is my way, so I want to try, I just need to find a way to do it.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Re-greetings!
It's interesting that it's been exactly 2 years to the day since your last post! Welcome back!
I looked at the witchvox page in Romania and there are no groups listed yet. I'll include the adult profile page there was about 6 entries. http://www.witchvox.com/vn/pa/roxx_paa.html
Hope you uncover some interesting info in your quest.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Annellin

Post by Annellin »

firebirdflys wrote:Re-greetings!
It's interesting that it's been exactly 2 years to the day since your last post! Welcome back!
I looked at the witchvox page in Romania and there are no groups listed yet. I'll include the adult profile page there was about 6 entries. http://www.witchvox.com/vn/pa/roxx_paa.html
Hope you uncover some interesting info in your quest.
Bb, Firebird
Wow, Didn't even noticed! Yeah... Thanks a lot for your warm welcome. :) Feels really good to be back. Missed all of you. :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”