Cannot practice my craft in current home

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
DreamWeaver

Cannot practice my craft in current home

Post by DreamWeaver »

Nice to meet you Lil lady, I haven't really talked much with you, but I would still like to ask a question concerning the path, now, in the current housing situation I live in it is near impossible to express the beliefs I have, through rituals and such. But I still express myself through divination and connecting with nature. But my question is, us it right for me to wait until I am out of the situation I am in order to fully express myself to the way I am? Sorry for my broken English, but thank you for your time, blessed be
Lillady

Re: waiting until the right time

Post by Lillady »

Nice to meet you as well DreamWeaver. I defintely can relate here as to being hard to open up about my beliefs, especially when it comes to family. To answer your question, I strongly believe you should always be open about your beliefs. In certain situations as yours though nothing is wrong with not being so open and waiting. The last thing I would want is for you to experience ridicule because of others not being open minded to other religions and beliefs. If you feel in your heart you should express yourself then most certainly do so. It took me years to be able to do this and now I do. I am to the point now in my life even with strangers I will tell them I am Pagan. I hope this helps you out in deciding. Blessed Be.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Cannot practice my craft in current home

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

We don’t need formal ritual tools. They’re just fancy dishes so reserve a coffee cup ☕️ for potions & point 👉🏼 a finger to cast circle; find a palm sized stone 🪨 for meditation. Bigelow’s Constant Comment tea bags dispel bad energy. Enjoy it as tea & use it as a cleansing spray or hand wash before ritual.

We can substitute LED battery candles and aerosol spray mist for candles and incense. Draw sigils 📝 depicting the intention & place the paper under candles. The paper is anointed with oil and charged👏🏽. Set the timer & when it times out the spell is done. The candle can be reused again & again. Use spells like the nine-knot-cord🧶, paper 🈂️sigils or 📝petitions, coloring-book mandalas.

You’d have to go outdoors if you have no privacy. Ritually clear your aura with see-hear-speak no evil gestures 🙈🙉🙊. Ground & Center with an ➕ on your forehead, heart and loins. Think it. Substitute hand gestures for ritual words, using a summoning or dismissing wave 👋, a 🤚🏼-on-💚-&-nod, M’Lady’s fig ✊🏽 & M’Lord’s horns 🤘🏼 gestures. Do offerings 🍞outdoors after the rite is over as if you’re feeding birds.

The point is to not waste time waiting for your living situation to change, but to take advantage of the opportunities the restrictions provide for honing your skills. Imagine different ways to use ordinary items right at your fingertips today. 😃

When you think the time is right to share your feelings and beliefs go slowly. Be patient.
Corbin

Re: Cannot practice my craft in current home

Post by Corbin »

(personal thoughts)

I guess there are probably many in a similar situation.

I would say 'Would it harm?' Your associations, your circumstances or indeed you. Harms a big word - even hurt feeling is harm to a lesser or greater degree. Don't put yourself in harms way. Tolerance is a two way street but it may not be the street you live on so wisely consider before setting something into motion that can cause harm.

Patience and time. It isn't a race.

Remember, should you choose to be cautious, the craft endured and survived behind a veil of secrecy. Perhaps allow this time to teach you the very important magical lesson: Tacere. 'To be silent'. As for celebration? Name me a pagan celebration and I shall show you several of other denominations that show striking similarities in their 'spirit'.

There is no physical rite that cannot be enacted in meditation, gesture, visualisation or trance, no place where one is entirely unable to snatch a few precious minutes out of the eyes of others. The tools and 'props' of witchcraft are just another layer of coorespondance; like a child with a wooden stick. In the imagination it may become a sword. My first athame was my right index finger. My last athame? Something that my right index finger symbolises and cooresponds to.

Nice long walks in the country or park? A quiet garden or nook to read or write? Where there is a witch there is a way. A container with a lock is a must for books and writings however, to keep out prying eyes. A modern alternative may be a usb key password protected?

If you can't become part of an active community at this time, then enjoy and persue your craft privately through an open virtual community.

Be blessed and shine in the darkness.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”