Failed spells-share stories

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Failed spells-share stories

Post by loona wynd »

Spells and magical workings do occasionally fail. Sometimes its a lack of focus and other times there are blocks in our way to getting the things we asked for. Sometimes a failed spell will manifest results, but they will not be what you intended or exactly wanted and something will happen to either create the same situation again, or other non intended results manifest in your life. Either way there was a failure at some point between the creation of the spell and the manifestation of the results.

So what spells or rituals have failed for you or had some unintended results or side effects where the spells working? Why do you think the spell failed? Did you ever try the spell or ritual again and get different/better results?
YanaKhan

Re: Failed spells-share stories

Post by YanaKhan »

I have several spells that failed, but it was actually my lack of confidence I should cast them in the first place. So I was expecting them to fail.
There was however a spell that was incredibly successful, but due to my feeling kinda guilty, had side effects. I cast a spell to find myself a job that would be to my satisfaction. Two weeks after that a lady got fired and I was offered her job. I never wanted anybody to get fired and the spell never said anything like that, but I did feel guilty. Don't really know why. Anyway, that lady is still talking about me, constantly trying to make me look like a bad teacher and trying to steal my students. At first I didn't react in any way. She even tried to make me look bad by giving interviews, saying I was incompetent and so on, and so on. I just worked and once people saw this is just her being bitter, things started to calm down. But it took about 3 years.
I think when you feel somewhat against the spell, It won't work as you stop yourself from actually casting something you shouldn't really cast. And in my case, the spell worked because I didn't feel wrong casting it. It had side effects because even if I didn't feel wrong casting, I did feel somewhat guilty after.
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

There was one time when I thought a spell failed but it didn't really... let me explain. So basically I did a spell to forgive this person at school who used to bully me, and I only hate 2 people (this guy is one of them), and I know it's bad, but they're both bullies. Anyway, I did a spell to forgive this person and maybe... not hate him? So it didn't work, but obviously it's a long term spell and it won't happen just like that. I still dislike this person but I do like him a little more..

I think I was just expecting quick results and not results within months (which was stupid of me I guess). I hope that was somewhat interesting :)
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Elcida wrote:I have several spells that failed, but it was actually my lack of confidence I should cast them in the first place. So I was expecting them to fail.
I don't know that that has made any of my spells fail, manifest longer yes but fail I'm not sure. Since I question all magical workings at some point when I do get results I know that it will work well. I then wonder what I could do to make it more efficient or effective and often times the answer is trust my magical mindset and trust the universe rather than question myself and the spell.
Elcida wrote: There was however a spell that was incredibly successful, but due to my feeling kinda guilty, had side effects. I cast a spell to find myself a job that would be to my satisfaction. Two weeks after that a lady got fired and I was offered her job. I never wanted anybody to get fired and the spell never said anything like that,
This is why I have heard and read spells with the caveat "may this spell not reverse nor place upon any curse" which basically is a way of saying may it work for the best of all and cause as little harm or ill will as possible.
Elcida wrote:but I did feel guilty. Don't really know why. Anyway, that lady is still talking about me, constantly trying to make me look like a bad teacher and trying to steal my students. At first I didn't react in any way. She even tried to make me look bad by giving interviews, saying I was incompetent and so on, and so on. I just worked and once people saw this is just her being bitter, things started to calm down. But it took about 3 years.
Wow. Did you ever think of trying anything to get her to back off before it stopped?
Elcida wrote: I think when you feel somewhat against the spell, It won't work as you stop yourself from actually casting something you shouldn't really cast. And in my case, the spell worked because I didn't feel wrong casting it. It had side effects because even if I didn't feel wrong casting, I did feel somewhat guilty after.
That would make sense. I have felt guilty after casting a spell and I did almost loose the relationship (it was a release of a love bond spell) however it was stronger than ever before, and every once and awhile we have times where we have been tested and our relationship is stronger for it every time. So it has worked but has also had effects on the relationship itself.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”