Friend coming over and going through stuff?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
LiebeUndLicht

Friend coming over and going through stuff?

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Hey! So... I've got this friend that I haven't spoken to properly in about a year, and she's coming over tomorrow. I've got my room redecorated recently and she told me she's going to go through all my stuff. Thing is, I'm used to her going through my stuff and it does annoy me but...

This was before I was Wiccan! So, I don't know what to do, to stop her going through my magick tools (I can't hide them anywhere because my room is really small and yeah...) and she doesn't really know that I'm Wiccan... I just tell people and no-one seems to make a big deal out of it, so I don't think she'll mind, but I'm worried about her touching all my things...

So, any help for her not being nosy, or anything I can do after she goes through all my stuff? Thanks, in advance, blessed be :flyingwitch:
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
Gentle Melody

Re: Friend coming over and going through stuff?

Post by Gentle Melody »

You can put your tools in a box and tell her that you don't want her to mess with your tools.
I have some friends like yours haha, she'll probably won't stop just because you said no. :lol:
I would make energy shields around each of your tools, this way, she will not have spiritual contact with your tools and vice-versa.
After she leaves you can do some cleansing ritual.
Good luck! :D
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I agree with Ace of Cups; it might be best to hide your tools in a box and bring them afterwards, if you want to avoid the subject altogether.

On the other hand, I don't know if it might be easiest to just tell your friend that it makes you uncomfortable when she goes through your stuff, and if she could leave the bedroom or whatever alone (you can even throw in an excuse about how you just got it cleaned up and prefer she not mess it up). It's not unreasonable for you to set some boundaries about your space and your stuff in your own home; if she's any kind of friend at all, I hope she'd respect that.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Oh my gosh, thank-you for your help, both of you! :)
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

So tell us...how did it go ?
Like you thought or completely different ?
We're nosey !
Gentle Rainbow Light
:flyingwitch:
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

How thorough does this girl plan to be? :shock: If you think she's only going to be searching your room, you might want to put your tools in a box and then hide them in a different room. Maybe you could put things in the shower and pull the curtain or shut the door. I don't think I've ever seen someone so curious as to go poking around in the shower. Maybe you could put things in your drawer of undergarments.
Many people cast spells of protection or invisibility around their tools, or anything they want kept safe.
Xiao Rong wrote:It's not unreasonable for you to set some boundaries about your space and your stuff in your own home; if she's any kind of friend at all, I hope she'd respect that.
I agree. If your friend doesn't honor your boundary wishes, stop and ask her "What if I did this to you? Would you honestly let me go into your house and get into everything? Would you let a total stranger go through your stuff?" If she doesn't know how you feel about her behavior, she's going to keep doing it. Some people interpret no response as permission.
Best of luck. :)
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Thanks for your help everyone! As for the question on how it went... well she looked through all my 'normal stuff' if you will, and I thought maybe she would avoid looking in that drawer because it's in the corner of my room... but no! It wasn't too bad though.

She asked me "What is all this candles and things?" and she asked questions and then she saw my altar and said "Is this where you pray and stuff?" so I said yes and she seemed satisfied by that. She liked smelling things (because my incense smells good). I feel a bit violated but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I have a little laminated A5 poster that is called "To Be A Witch" with quotes and stuff and she was a bit like "What is this?" but I never told her I was a Wiccan.

Some people I just don't feel comfortable telling... she's from another country so maybe that's just how they are from her country. I'll probably do a cleansing later tonight. Thanks, again, everybody smiley_dance
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Why is she going through all your stuff and asking questions about it? Seems a little odd to me, and thats not a friend I would want in my life.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”