Tarot and Witchcraft hand in hand?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
QuestionableEnergy

Tarot and Witchcraft hand in hand?

Post by QuestionableEnergy »

I see a lot of people also in the craft doing tarot. (I may not of put this the right way sorry if offended). Is this a good idea to learn. I have heard it can help later down the road if need questions asked and or a vision of your path..What do you guys think?
Lillady

Re: Tarot and Witchcraft hand in hand?

Post by Lillady »

Yes many of us who practice the craft also possess the talent of divination (reading tarot cards, crystal balls, tea leaves etc) It is a very nice thing to learn and can help you along your spiritual journey. It can be hard to read tarot on yourself, many can though it is defintely not unheard of. Divination skills do vary, I say try it, keep practicing because the more you practice the better you will be. Do not get discouraged as it is a hard thing to learn for some. Good luck! Blessed Be.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

It's a divination tool like any other. Most in the craft use divination.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

The tarot is used primarily as a divination tool, but it is so much more then that. The cards don't just 'see the future' but they show a reflection of our lives, so we can see what we need to change in order to grow spiritually. Not everyone uses the cards in this manner but if you get a good teacher or a good book, you can use it as a tool to grow closer to the divine and empower your magick more then you thought it could.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
QuestionableEnergy

Post by QuestionableEnergy »

So, are there any recommendations on a book...because I am sure that I wont find a teacher that can physically show me...you all are my teachers lately! And I love it! :wink2:
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I recommend : The Complete Guide to the Tarot by Eden Gray

The Tarot Handbook: Practical Applications of Ancient Visual Symbols by Angeles Arrien

Psychic Tarot: Using Your Natural Psychic Abilities to Read the Cards by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie A. Howard

All of these can be found on Amazon :)
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

QuestionableEnergy wrote:So, are there any recommendations on a book...because I am sure that I wont find a teacher that can physically show me...you all are my teachers lately! And I love it! :wink2:
A great starter course/audio book is Secrets of the Tarot by Sara Delphi. I recommend this for newbies because it's great to listen to while doing chores or while driving to help learn/memorize the individual tarot cards. Learning all the cards is usually the biggest obstacle for the beginner. (You can find them on Ebay & Amazon)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”