Losing touch

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Helvetica

Losing touch

Post by Helvetica »

Hey you guys
I have a problem. It's not too big yet but I don't want it to get bigger.
I started university about a month ago, since then I'm busy six days a week, not to forget commuting, studying and so on. Result is, whenever I have nothing to do, I sleep, or watch tv,just as long as it doesn't involve brain activity.
My music and my writing suffer from it, and now also my spiritual activities (lacking a better word). I still do the occasonal peayer, and it's heartfelt though usually on the go,but there have brrn no rituals, no tarot reading, no spells. I tried one yesterday, and it didn't feel right at all so I stopped before completing it.
Anyway, do you have any ideas how i can get back in touch with that side of me? Omaybe a meditation or a simpleritual or just a way to kick myself in the butt?
I'd really appreciate it :)

Blessings
Helvetica
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Losing touch

Post by Firebird »

Hi there Helvetica, One of the best reconnection exercise I usually recommend is to lie prone (face down) on the earth for as long as you can, and then spend more time on the ground, like with a picnic or digging in a garden. Also, a walk around the block helps to refresh, and bring a little energy to the soul.
T.V. and other electronics tend to disconnect us from the Earth Mother, and we get out of sorts, unfocused and depressed. I want to add... if this goes on for a time and doesn't get better, you might want to consult a Doctor and make sure it isn't anything more serious.
be well blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Losing touch

Post by SpiritTalker »

I used to have a 90 min commute for college. I listened to instructional tapes or I'd chant mantras, whatever rolled thru my head. Meditation does not require zoning out to be fruitful. Back then I didn't know about grounding & centering or I could've done those too.

Be aware of what you put into your mind.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”