Harvest Moon

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
ravenwhite

Harvest Moon

Post by ravenwhite »

VERY new to witchcraft... should I plan anything special for the upcoming Harvest Moon? If so I'd love to hear your recommendations

Thank you
Holdasown

Re: Harvest Moon

Post by Holdasown »

I am still working on a regular practice for the full moons. I usually clean the house energy wise and update wards and such. I need to start a regular Sabbath practice and I have been making moon water every full moon to use during the month. I have almost a whole jar so I will clean some things with it to empty it and refill the jar to charge tonight. Also any crystals or stones or tools you have are good to put out in the moon light to charge and get clean. Spells that you want to be full power like money and protection or health are good tonight too.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I always charge my crystals and say thanks to the God(s) and Goddess(es) and take a cleansing bath with sea salt and lavender, sometimes lemon. With a white lit candle just relaxing and releasing negative energies.
North Star

Post by North Star »

The Harvest Moon, sometimes called The Wine Moon, a time to celebrate the grape, the intoxicating qualities of love; a time to toast a relationship. I've always liked this idea of the Harvest Moon. ♥

My ritual will include wine, I do know that!

This time of year, the sun and moon are equal to each other. Balance of masculine and feminine. Yin and yang. A time to honor the light and the dark, as both are important. Perfect balance and harmony. I like to use a 2-wick candle for this moon (cinnamon, apple, pumpkin... a fall color/scent).

With Mabon and the full moon so close this year, I am planning full moon work for tomorrow night for personal matters (actually Friday morning, I always try to use full moon energy on Fridays if it is possible, just works for me) and this weekend is time to spend on family and home. 'Fall cleaning'... getting prepared for winter, decorating with my fall decor, crafts and cooking with the kids. I have a lot planned for this time! I love it, one my favorite times of year.

I don't magickally cleanse on full moons, always new or waning... using this time leading up to that phase by mundane cleaning and preparing, winterizing.... then the spiritual cleansing takes place in the appropriate phase. I think fall cleaning is even more important than spring... we spend more time in our homes, have more visitors during holidays etc.

Any full moon is the time to work towards your hearts desire... whatever that may be. Drawing things to you. Bringing good to you, whether that be love, friendship, prosperity, happiness. Or simply showing appreciation for the universe and the gifts you have already be given.

Draw down that moon! :flyingwitch:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

This particular moon is also the Chinese Mid-Autumn festival! It's a little like Thanksgiving, in terms of visiting family. But we also celebrate the full moon, the moon goddess Chang'e, and eat moon cakes.

More information about the history of the Harvest Moon
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think I will have a glass of wine and relax. Been putting in extra hours at work, and definitely feeling it.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I believe I'll toast her loveliness with an Ale.... and do some long overdue inner work.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Meditation and full moon prayer honoring the Mother Goddess for me! This makes two years I've been on this path :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”