Penalty for Tradding, Trannying, and Trancing: Surgery?!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kassandra

Penalty for Tradding, Trannying, and Trancing: Surgery?!

Post by Kassandra »

Hey UK board members (especially those in East Midlands, England), I have a weird question for you.

Supposedly, the three words in the title are techniques of "psychic witchcraft." Now, the word "trance" is somewhat familiar to me, but I'd never heard of "tradding" before (with people who do tradding being "tradders," etc.). And here in the States we call transexuals, transvestites, etc., "trannies" in slang, but I've never heard this word used in a witchcraft context before. I can't find anything on the 'net about any of this.

Is anyone familiar with these terms? Supposedly, there is some law in the E. Midlands, where the penalties for anyone charged with doing the above are several pretty bizarre punitive physical surgeries. These operations supposedly quell a person's psychic abilities. I can't find any information on these things.

Does anyone know anything about any part of this?

Thanks.

raynelae

Re: Penalties for Tradding, Trannying, and Trancing: Surgery

Post by raynelae »

That is wild.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
EbonySunset

Re: Penalty for Tradding, Trannying, and Trancing: Surgery?!

Post by EbonySunset »

I'm from the UK and that is bizarre! Here in the UK the word 'tranny' is slang for a transvestite or transsexual (sorry, don't like using that word and don't want to offend anyone so please forgive me!), as it is in the US, never heard it in a witchcraft sense though! Trancing could be related to trance, which could be found in a witchcraft context. Tradding, to me, could be referring to the witchcraft path of 'Traditional Witchcraft'. As for this 'surgery' you speak of, I have no idea! Perhaps it was a method of torture for accused witches in the witch hunt era and the words in the title are old English words?? I don't know, but I can assure you it doesn't happen in the East Midlands today! Perhaps someone else can shed some light, I just don't know! Strange, I'm baffled!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

EbonySunset wrote:Tradding, to me, could be referring to the witchcraft path of 'Traditional Witchcraft'.
I believe you're correct here. I didn't think of that. It has to be that.

One down, two to go. Thanks, and if I find out more, I will post.

EbonySunset

Post by EbonySunset »

Hey there! Don't know if it's right, that's just my opinion so I could be a million miles off!

Hope someone else has some ideas because this is really baffling!
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

What I will say below started off as a joke in my head but then I thought.. Could it be...

Trannying...

Could it be slang for when a male will represent a goddess in ritual? Or vice versa?

Just a (stupid) thought, but it made me go hmmmmm.

Other than that I have nothing else to share on this sorry, never heard of it myself. Do you have the source of this information?
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

frozenlight wrote:Trannying...Could it be slang for when a male will represent a goddess in ritual? Or vice versa?
Could very well be. Nothing's stupid when we have no clue. At this point, it's all just brainstorming, everything goes on the table.

Thanks.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

frozenlight wrote:Do you have the source of this information?
frozenlight, I've been trying for three days to email and PM you an answer on this question. Did you get any of it? On my end, it says it's still sitting in the Outbox for some reason, and won't send. Never had this prob before.

And by the way, EbonySunset, I was able to confirm that you were right indeed about "tradding" being slang for British Traditional Witchcraft.

Thanks.

EbonySunset

Post by EbonySunset »

Hey Kassandra!

After the email you sent I just can't get this out of my mind, it's really bugging me but I had a thought...if the words in the title (the 3 T's) are slang or shortened down words, I have another theory about 'trannying'. You mentioned remote viewing and that got me thinking, what if trannying is slang for 'trans'? Trans meaning 'across', 'beyond', 'through', etc... With remote viewing the 'viewer' is effectively looking beyond his immediate surroundings or looking through walls, perhaps looking across the ocean to a whole different country. To do this he would need to go into a trance like state, or some kind of deep meditation, 'trancing' could describe this. Also trancing could describe putting someone into a trance like state, rather like hypnosis, for whatever reason. Trancing being a method of 'psychic witchcraft' to control another person, perhaps?

I don't know! It's just a thought! Hope this helps!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks for the confirmation. I was beginning to wonder whether you got that. I think you are intuitively zeroing-in on the contexts of these words, and yes, they appear to be slang for longer words.

You know, I just realized (while typing this) that "trannying" was stated as "transmorgrafication" by the source I cited in the email, I think. I will have to review it again.

And yes, "trancing" may be what you described, and if so, I have also heard it called, "remote influencing," if that's what we're talking about here. Alas, the mystery continues.

Thanks.

EbonySunset

Post by EbonySunset »

Hi!

Transmogrification is an interesting word, never heard of that! It means to change in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely, basically to transform.

Could it be that the practitioners of the 3 T's were actually attempting to change their appearance, or the appearance of others by remote influencing?? I can believe that experiments like this would certainly have been carried out by the military, whether they work is a different matter! Nothing is impossible though so who knows??!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

EbonySunset wrote:Transmogrification is an interesting word, never heard of that! It means to change in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely, basically to transform...I can believe that experiments like this would certainly have been carried out by the military...Nothing is impossible though so who knows??!
Ugh. The more I think about it, the less I want to know, lol.

Thanks.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

ok so i've been surfing, tooling along minding my own business when >>bing<< this word pops up, (tranny...I'll make the word red ) ...so I though I would paste the message to see if it made any sense..'I'll paste the whole paragraph to see if it helps the context....
If all you're trying to say is that people can misunderstand Thelema and turn it into some kind of ideal that they should live up to, you're entirely correct. A look through online Thelemic forums -- not naming any ones in particular, mind you -- demonstrates that there's no end of idiots who have absolutely no idea what Thelema is about.

A good example would be that Keith418 character, who thinks that Thelema is all about living up to a particular political standard (in his case, a wackadoo right-wing politics).

I just saw a post on a forum the other day in which a someone was saying that his idea of Thelema was inventing your own morality that suits you. He couldn't possibly be more wrong.

A big part of the problem is that there are Thelemites who think that Thelema can mean anything that a person wants or that it's "tyranny"to suggest that there is a consistent, correct interpretation of what terms like "True Will" actually mean.
I'm wondering if it is like transfiguration, which I guess is similar to what Ebony was saying...a change from one thing to the next?
sorry I brought it back up! goodnevil
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

No, bring this up as much as you'd like. It is a mystery to me, and like any mystery, there's this desire to solve it, hehe.

What I think that person meant in that context, however, is tyranny, meaning someone acting like a "tyrant," a dictator, bossing people around, telling people what to believe, etc. Don't think it was one of our "3Ts" in this particular case.

But, yeah, throw it all on the table. Anything goes, 'til someone knows for sure what all this means. Thanks firebirdflys.

frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

frozenlight, I've been trying for three days to email and PM you an answer on this question. Did you get any of it? On my end, it says it's still sitting in the Outbox for some reason, and won't send. Never had this prob before.
My apologies; I having been online for a while, and had read through your messages but, i will just be honest, i forgot to reply :anxious: Again Im sorry. I will have a read through them and reply either this morning or afternoon after i do my grandmas shopping.

FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”