How do you charge a sigil?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

How do you charge a sigil?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I recently found out about kameas of planets (little squares with numbers that represent one planet) there you translate your name into numbers using numerology, and then you make a sigil on the kamea you wish (kamea of Aphrodite for love or Zeus for success and stuff) the thing is that I don't know how to charge that sigil afterwards, or its considered charge by itself? if anyone have a simple charging system/spell please tell me, thanks :D
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Holdasown

Re: How do you charge a sigil?

Post by Holdasown »

I have built up energy and held the paper/ item. I have placed them in a bowl with a candle. I have charged items in the moon/sun light and water.
Wimsaur

Post by Wimsaur »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:I recently found out about kameas of planets (little squares with numbers that represent one planet) there you translate your name into numbers using numerology, and then you make a sigil on the kamea you wish (kamea of Aphrodite for love or Zeus for success and stuff) the thing is that I don't know how to charge that sigil afterwards, or its considered charge by itself? if anyone have a simple charging system/spell please tell me, thanks :D
"Oven ready Chaos" by Phil Hine has a great sigil exercise that will answer your question.
Vigdisdotter
Banned Member

Post by Vigdisdotter »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:the thing is that I don't know how to charge that sigil afterwards
What is your level of proficiency with energy manipulation?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A fairly common method in use is to first Ground yourself - think of your energy flowing down the spine into the Earth. Then Center - The breath carries power. Draw power on the breath from earth & sky around you to the belly. Think of the goal. Push from the gut and out your hands. You can practice by making psi balls between your hands 👏🏽. You can dab the corners of the sigil with a bit of oil before charging. Oil holds the psychic charge to the spell.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”