New/ Beginner Witch

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
amber12

New/ Beginner Witch

Post by amber12 »

Hello all,
Quick background: I am a brand new witch, teaching myself. I am NOT wiccan (a person was very rude to me on the forum about this). I am looking to connect with witches, and learn spells. I have not yet cast a successful spell. Is there a spell to make an event happen? I know that is basically what spells are, but is there a spell in which you can "fill in" what you want to happen? I would like this to be simple and effective. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New/ Beginner Witch

Post by Firebird »

Hi amber. I would do some reading first. Jumping into a spell doesn't give you any background on ethics or technique. Doing a spell just to do it, won't give you the desired results. You have to really want that which you are trying to manipulate. I respect your being a solitary, I was one for about 8 years before I found a coven, however during that time I read a ton of books, so I really knew where I wanted to go when I finally came out of the closet.
With that said, there are many spells posted here, please feel free to try one.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Zili

Post by Zili »

Welcome amber! Glad to see you're posting. To clarify I was not calling you a wiccan. Firebird is right, you have to know what you want in order to get the desired result you have push your will as energy into your spells. Try searching in the Wicca 101-Basics of the Craft section its not just wiccan advice in there on how to help your spells be successful, lots of good information there.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

They're both giving you very good advice...listen to them :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
amber12

Post by amber12 »

thanks for all the suggestions guys! :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Think of something simple you want to have manifest or happen. Focus your intenet on that. Some people like to use spells and various tools. Most of all, be patient with yourself.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Gossamyr

Post by Gossamyr »

Hi Amber I'm new to the craft (and to this forum as well), though I've been an enthusiast for as long as I can remember, I know it can be very confusing as to how to make spells "work" or if magick is supposed to be something that is innate and if so how do we know that we are on the right path..the questions go on and on however I bmped into a book for solitary witches that answered most of my questions..
I hope it may answer yours as well , the book is called Earth, Air, Fire and Water (More Techniques of Natural Magic) by Scott Cunningham

Another book by Scott Cunningham called Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practioner.

:) BLESSED BE!

Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again..
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

this is kinda strange, your name is Amber, and the person who started this thread is named Amber!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
CassJasper

Post by CassJasper »

Hi Amber :)
I'm also relatively "new" to practice as well. I would have to agree with most of the people on this thread that reading and meditating to find out what your strengths are is the best way to understand how spells work. I didn't cast my first spell until more than a year after my self studies. I would agree that Scott Cunningham's book on solitary practice is good starter book and a gem.
It also depends on what you would like to accomplish in your practice. Would you like to help others, your family, yourself grow in wisdom, or all the above? Also, who and what is your target?
Spells are also like a formula that are as much subjective as they are objective. There are herbs, types of candles, oils, timing, etc that assist in increasing the potency of a spell but they are useless if you do not have the right intent or you are unsure about the effect of the spell.
Lastly, you never stop learning :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post
amber12 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 am Hello all,
Quick background: I am a brand new witch, teaching myself. I am NOT wiccan (a person was very rude to me on the forum about this). I am looking to connect with witches, and learn spells. I have not yet cast a successful spell. Is there a spell to make an event happen? I know that is basically what spells are, but is there a spell in which you can "fill in" what you want to happen? I would like this to be simple and effective. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)
To magnetize & set an intention: pull power on the breath to the belly, focus-on-goal, push from the belly & out through the hands into a spell 🙌🏽

All purpose incantation - Earth, Water, Air, Fire; work now as I desire; X I now acquire, by Earth, Water, Air, Fire.
. Replace X with your goal.[/b] (Ref. Witch’s Chant, D.Valiente)

🔥Candle: Use a candle with the desired burn time. White is all-purpose.
. Dressing the candle: dab on oil & roll the candle between your palms & 👏🏽magnetize as you think your goal - oil seals your intention’s energy to the candle. Stand the candle in it’s holder.
. The spell: Light the candle and sit quietly while gazing on the flame for a minute, knowing the task is done. Speak the incantation; give thanks. Let the candle burn completely (it’s ok to snuff a flame and relight if needed). Discard stubs in the trash.🚮

💨Sigil - Write the goal in a few words. Cross out vowels - a,e,i,o,u - and any duplicate consonants. Rearrange the remaining letters and embellish to make an artsy glyph. Draw a circle around it & ✂️cut it out. Burn or shred at a liminal hour to release the power.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”