Tips for finding other Wiccans?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
raynelae

Tips for finding other Wiccans?

Post by raynelae »

Hey :) I'm getting really lonely being a solitary Wiccan..I know I have online friends but I really want to be in a circle with other Wiccans. I've sent out prayers to the Lord and Lady asking for them to send me like-minded people..I've even told people I'm Wiccan..but still no Wiccans :( it's just frustrating...I know I have a Wiccan church near me but they don't accept members under 18. I'm looking for tips on finding other Pagans..please help.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tips for finding other Wiccans?

Post by Firebird »

Hi Ray, will your parents give you permission to go? We take minors with a parents consent. OR maybe post something here on your location (if you are ok with disclosing where you live) there might be someone closer than you think. What about school,?...one or two friends will make a group ...you could study together. OR do you have a metaphysical store in your town? Inquire there, they might have open rituals. Good luck dear, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
whisperingMaiden

Post by whisperingMaiden »

I was going to answer this but fire bird is completely right. Wiccans are closer than you think.
The empty void in us,can be filled with a little magic.
Tegywn

Post by Tegywn »

check here, there is a teen section. Just pick your state.
http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_index/xgroups.html
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Okay thanks so much guys..you all really helped! Firebird, my only concern about starting a group at school was that I have no clue how to begin. How would I put the word out that I'm starting a group?
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Tegywn

Post by Tegywn »

I think guerrilla marketing is your best bet. Is there is a message board (either virtual or physical) create an anonymous email (gmail provides free email address) and post it on the board. I would personally say something like, "Looking to start a study group. )0(" <- thats the triple goddess symbol, google it. Any wiccan/pagan worth their salt will recognize that symbol. Then just write the email on the paper. Or if you're computer savvy you could make something like this. Most kids have smart phones anyway right?

This qr code leads to fakeemail@gmail.com but you get the idea.
qrcode.jpg
Just make one of those, print it a few and leave them in a couple places around school.

It also may be a good idea to make the email something like. LookingForWiccanStudyGroup@gmail.com

hope this helps
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Now that witchvox has departed, what are some of the best ways we can find each other?
BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Usually if there’s an open circle or annual pagan gathering it will be in the local events calendars in my area. When the mall reopens the bookstore bulletin board is another resource here... assuming people still read post-CV.
Micheál

Post by Micheál »

There are Facebook groups, but don't know if that's everyone's cup of tea. I believe there are pagan/witch/wiccan groups in meetup.com as well.

It sucked, I liked witchvox. Even though the traffic slowed with the advent of social media I still checked it regularly.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Me too,!! I loved checking for events and it was the main way folks could find our coven. I am anti facebook and getting a little agitated that it has begun to dominate even that old resource (witchvox). (apparently their facebook page does great)
But to tell you the truth, in this lockdown situation I'm about to break. Does Firebird finally make a page???? I think I might get ill. :annoyed:
BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Micheál

Post by Micheál »

From what I remember their page is good with news and headlines and all, but lacks that old directory we were able to connect with. Lol it would be better than anything available atm!
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Try online. Facebook has Gardnerian ans Alexandrian groups, but they usually set the bar at 20 in terms of age. However, there is plenty of groups. I run an Inclusive Dianic Wiccan one, a beginner one, and an intermediate one. These are all for everyone.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”