substitute for rose petals?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
faery_dreams

substitute for rose petals?

Post by faery_dreams »

Idk where to put this question, sorry.

I'm trying to do a relationship protection spell for me & my son. It calls for rose petals, which I don't have & can't get for financial reasons. What would be a good substitute? I thought of maybe the leaves from a houseplant I've nurtured back from the brink, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. It's too important to mess up. I'm surrounded by greenery (mostly palms & bushes) but no flowers other than lilacs. It needs to be something I can wrap around a seed.
raynelae

Re: substitute for rose petals?

Post by raynelae »

Hmmm...lavender maybe? Actually, you said you are near lilacs...you could use them :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I obviously don't know the source of this spell but rose-petals (depending on the collour and type of rose) are hardly ever used outside of romantic relationships.
Instead you could use Basil which means love and best wishes but is also a cleansing herb. Or use Moss which represents Maternal love.

These are generally easy to find and might fit the symbolism a bit better.
Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
faery_dreams

Post by faery_dreams »

That's not a bad idea actually. Lilacs have a really strong connection to motherhood for me. They were my mom's favorite & I helped her plant some a few months before she crossed over.

faery_dreams

Post by faery_dreams »

AutumnMaidens:

It was originally for that purpose. Trying to find one for my needs is hard so I'm trying to adapt what I was able to find as best I can.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Nothing is ever 'written in stone'. Follow your instinct. I think the lilacs would serve very well. All spells can be modified to fit the situation or ingredients to allow for what you have or can get. Just a note of encouragement: I did a spell to bring my son back to me after his dad had kept him from me for 6 years through brainwashing. All I had were the words of the spell I wrote myself and the love and intent in my heart. Within two weeks he was calling me and came to see me. Shortly after that he moved in with me.
faery_dreams

Post by faery_dreams »

Thank you. I just looked up lilacs & found some very encouraging things about them. I think that might be my answer :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”