Your Most Magical Experience

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your Most Magical Experience

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey everyone, I'm curious to know - what's been your most magical experience to date? Just curious - and I'm leaving the question very open-ended on purpose.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
raynelae

Re: Your Most Magical Experience

Post by raynelae »

Mine was a full moon ritual while drawing down the moon...words truly can't describe what happened...it was, well, magickal! Of course, the Sabbats and Esbats are always very magickal but that one particular ritual really stood out! :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Aryn

Post by Aryn »

Mine was at this festival called Evolvefest. It's mostly a yoga festival, but there is also music going on all the time. At one of the concerts I was at, one of the men in the audience (an attendee for years), who had had a heart transplant 5 years prior went down. His heart stopped, and he moved on right there. The entire crowd who had previously been dancing to a band turned to the man and clasping hands had a spontaneous ritual for the man, whose name I later learned was EJ. There was song and prayer and meditation and it was the most moving thing I had ever experienced. Many of us felt EJ's soul move on.

Later the following night there was a ritual for EJ that his mother and many college friends attended where lanterns were released so that for a short time he had his own constellation. It ended in music, by the band that was the last thing that EJ heard, where his mother was dancing hardest of us all.

It was an awful and wonderful experience that changed my life forever. It was the most magickal moment I have ever seen.
Some days it's better just to head for the hills and dance in the rain.

Namaste
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I know I'm still new, but here's mine:

Recently a friend of mine passed away, and she was the first person whom I've ever been close to who died. I felt like it would be appropriate to honor her in some way. My family is Chinese-American, and one of our traditions involves ancestor worship, and I modified one of our family traditions that involve burning offerings to the deceased into a pagan ritual. I had created this ritual but hadn't done it yet. There was one night (it was 2 in the morning) where I was especially sad and grieving over her loss, and I felt that it was absolutely the right time to do this ritual; that night also happened to be the night of the new moon, which added to this feeling of growing compulsion that I had to perform this ritual right then, which I hadn't ever felt before. I walked a quarter of a mile to a pond near my apartment, which was kind of scary because it was so dark and also very late at night, but when I got to the pond it was breathtakingly beautiful at night (I hadn't been to this pond previously after dark) with the reflected lights of the other houses. I picked a spot, performed the ritual, spoke to my friend briefly about how I missed her, and made the offerings to her under the new moon, and I was surprised to feel that all my fear and grief had eased. The walk back to my apartment was refreshing and not at all scary (I could really appreciate the night breeze and the serenity of the shadows) and I felt calmer than I had been for weeks since my friend's passing. It felt like a mythical journey into the darkness and I came back stronger for it.

If I had doubts that magic was real, that was the last of it. I still miss my friend, and I'm certainly not done grieving (nor will I ever be), but it helped a great deal and now I can look back on her memory with a little sadness and a lot of fondness, without the chaos and anger and upheaval before the ritual.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

A few days after my birthday (7 or 8yrs ago in August) our apartment building was on fire...
Fire dept was 4 blocks away so they were there in a hurry !It started on the backside of the building outside apt #1 & #2.
Got the cats out, one in carrier and Charlie on a leash. I tried to go in the building to get meds, the guys moved my park bench away from the building on fire to rest. I swear their faces were beet red cause they were in the attic fighting it.
I stood in the parking lot holding onto Charlies leash, who was behind and right next to me for comfort.
Pulled up energy from Mother Earth and constructed a large bubble over our end of the building to keep our stuff safe.
It was such a pretty blue !!!
I was finally able to get meds...hubby hold leash, out of his collar he came and I know he was frazzled with five firetrucks and two batallion commanders truck-Damn it !
Anyway, no one inside my bubble did not loose but a few magazines and such. Picked up puter tower in time.
None of my books nor not one part of alter were damaged !
I went back into the apartment calling Charlie as I went...He came running, whew ! Red cross put us up in motel for a couple nights then we moved across the sidewalk to the other building, all was well !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Two magical times when I was returning a feline child to the earth, I needed some help. I was walking down a hillside, carrying Scotty, and was worried about slipping. The element of earth spoke in my mind, that it wouldn't let me slip. Then as I continued down the hill, I felt the ground gripping onto my boots to keep me safe. When Rusty's time came, it was winter, hubby was on the road, and digging frozen ground was almost more than I could handle. I asked the element of earth to help me again. The shovel immediately went so deep, so easily, that I almost did a face plant.

The experiences were sad, but the communication with and help from the earth was comforting.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Starfox Amaranth

Post by Starfox Amaranth »

Probably one of my favorite magical experiences was the night one of my dearest friends from high school got married. This friend is a Wiccan and she and her husband chose to do a traditional handfasting as well as the jumping of the broom. It was a warm night at the end of May under the light of the full moon. I was there the day this friend met the young man that would become her husband and so seeing those two souls join together was unlike anything I'd ever seen.
AnnaliMoon

Post by AnnaliMoon »

It sounds silly and stupid but feeling for the first time vibrations of objects. After dressing up my wand and doing a ritual (last night) it felt as if the earth and the elemental wind spoke to me. I felt a cold electrical updraft as I raised my wand.

Before that I wanted to rid my apartment of negative energies. I burned sage and focused. I could feel a ball of energy in my cupped hands. I used this ball to push and throw it around. I imagined it was going to all far reaches of my apartment chasing away demons and negative entities. I believe it worked. This was the second time I've done this, but this time it felt more powerful.

Prior to that (as far as divination):
I used to work as a tarot reader and psychic (I still do from time to time). I decided to concentrate and focus after a long day at work reading tarot cards. I saw an image of a car wreck but in this image one person lived and the passenger survived. I spoke about my vision to the entire group (people in the room waiting for a reading). One person spoke up and said they had just gotten a call: their friend died in the car accident and the passenger survived.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”