What's Best Way to Study Wicca\Witchcraft?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SweetlittleWitchLea

What's Best Way to Study Wicca\Witchcraft?

Post by SweetlittleWitchLea »

I wanted to know what is the best way to study Wicca and Witchcraft. Would it be better to read about it on books and take notes or Rewrite different spells on paper and such for memorization. If you have any tips that would be helpful since I'm kind of stuck >.< that would be great
raynelae

Re: Study question

Post by raynelae »

Don't be strict...but be firm about your studies. Some days you won't feel like studying, and some days you'll want to study more--that is okay. I suggest starting a BOS, include spells, rituals, laws of your tradition, etc. just so it has what is meaningful to you. I also suggest reading as much as information is possible. Learn about the magickal and medicinal properties of herbs and crystals. Meditate. Don't be afraid to practice spells if there is a strong need or desire--just make sure you know what you're doing. Mix things up so you never get bored with it. I think this will serve as a good plan of study for you. Hope I helped :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
SweetlittleWitchLea

Re: Study question

Post by SweetlittleWitchLea »

Thank you so much ^.^ what you said is very helpful and I will use it. I think that will help me in studying better a lot.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What's Best Way to Study Wicca\Witchcraft?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

Reading gives guidance on what to do & what not to do, plus creative suggestions.A good aid to learning is getting the senses involved in what you do. A simple sensory association for herb, oil & incense aromas is to use sweet 🌸 scents for love & peace, citrusy 🍋 for cleansing, forest 🌲 for prosperity and spicy 🌶 for protection. Use common kitchen Herbs n’ Spices.

Try a few different methods of circle casting, Feel the different energy effects on you between doing a full ritual (with purifying, casting, elemental summoning, divine evocation and offering) and doing a simplified rite (sweeping 🧹 and incensing 💨 widdershins 🔄 to cleanse & then projecting👆🏽deosil ↩️). When we involve our senses the body learns the Craft intuitively.

Practice your skills
. Grounding - think it to send your energy down the spine to anchor into the earth for stability
. Center - think it & draw power on the breath to the belly (solar plexus/will-power)
. Project - think it to push power from the belly & thru the 🙌🏽 to set intention
. Make psi-balls between the hands👏🏽 & feel the subtle push-back; ground the energy & shake your hands to clear,

Prepare a workspace
. Meditate in the planned work area before setting up gear to prepare a clean slate to build on
. Prep a table: wipe with 🧂💦, bless with incense, dab & wipe with oil to hold a psychic charge, and magnetize with energy 🙌🏽
. Supplies: heat-safe burning bowl🪔, ⚱️Oil, 🕯candles, 🧂salt, 🍸H2O cup, notebook🖊📕
. Ritual tools vary by path so are optional

Simplify
. Know your intent - use incantations to say only what results are to be
. Choose ingredients (if any) that relate to your intent by symbolic association, scent or appearance
. Choose the methods you’re comfortable using - candle, cord, grid, potion, petitions, sigil, stone

Cunningham’s Solitary Wicca free PDF
https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/relig ... itioner.pd

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”