I'm a new witch, but with some big issues....

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Tornadofire

I'm a new witch, but with some big issues....

Post by Tornadofire »

I cant let my parents know I'm a witch/ wwiccan because they'll make me explain why, and frankly,I don't have a clear explanation for it.

1. I have no way to get materials. How can I?

2. I'm already doing simple reiki healing and herb magic ( I call it that because plants that usually sprout in a week will sprout in. 3 days or less.) And I used the angel wishing spell and prayed to the moon goddess for an infection out of control, and voila¡ gone

3. I grow st. Johns wort, Basil, catnip, sage, and thyme. Are there any special uses for theses herbs?

4. This is sneaky and I dislike having to do it, but how could I get to the materials without saying, mom, I'm a wiccan. Excuses? Alibis? [ black market?]•_•
sanoyikamama

Re: I'm a new witch, but with some big issues....

Post by sanoyikamama »

Candles- who doesn't like candles
herbs- you can get them at the grocery store and may have some in the kitchen
Tools are just that, tools. you can find something in your house to make use of. Also, try focusing and feeling energy mostly. Tools are really just objects to help one focus and set the mood. If you practice enough, you don't need tools. I grew up in practice where we didn't have tools. My great grandmother always said the purest form of witchcraft is prayer. Food for thought.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

This site is an excellent resource for information. :) If you need more details feel free to ask. A lot of information from books and the like are reflected in what the members of this site have posted and you may also try the main site for EUTM, just click on "Home" at the top of the page. :P We're here to help eachother, and learn from one another. Also, if you google search a bit there are books printed online that may be of some assistance. I'm not certain of any myself though, I have heard talk of a couple.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Tornadofire

Post by Tornadofire »

Thank you!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Getting materials can be easy, making them in art class (small cauldron, altar pentacle, etc), you can gather feathers, wild herbs, sticks for wands, etc. I hope that this helps a little. I'm sure that if you search around the forum you can find the rest of the information that you are looking for!
Tornadofire

Post by Tornadofire »

I live in a place where I'm lucky to come home alive... ya know, down in valdosta ( not saying where) people really doont like me because of my race. ::darkmood::
Tornadofire

Post by Tornadofire »

We don't have art class but when you said small cauldron, I got an idea..... can I use a pot or metal bowl?
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Don't see why not. :) Though you may want to clense anything you use on a regular basis before use in ritual.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

If you can find some that are helpful, the library
usually has a few andthey will give you the link to
the library system in your area and there are quite a few then !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
WhiteValcery

Post by WhiteValcery »

I have exactly the same problem, But i have a few friends who are helping me with the things i need!
Emerald

Post by Emerald »

Tornadofire wrote:I cant let my parents know I'm a witch/ wwiccan because they'll make me explain why, and frankly,I don't have a clear explanation for it.

1. I have no way to get materials. How can I?

2. I'm already doing simple reiki healing and herb magic ( I call it that because plants that usually sprout in a week will sprout in. 3 days or less.) And I used the angel wishing spell and prayed to the moon goddess for an infection out of control, and voila¡ gone

3. I grow st. Johns wort, Basil, catnip, sage, and thyme. Are there any special uses for theses herbs?

4. This is sneaky and I dislike having to do it, but how could I get to the materials without saying, mom, I'm a wiccan. Excuses? Alibis? [ black market?]•_•
If you have to be deceitful, you're not ready to do spell work. Wicca isn't just playing around with cool crystals and herbs, it's a serious spiritual path that requires a real commitment to study, learning, striving to become a balanced, whole person, living an authentic life, and so on. Don't rush things, if you can't do stuff without lying or deceiving people then just stick to reading and studying, learn as much as you can, and wait until you're in a better position where you can express/practice your beliefs without having to compromise your integrity as a person.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Now there's a point Emerald and I will disagree on. :P I started practicing while keeping it hidden. Many of the tools used today were mundane items long ago for a reason. We may not live in a time where we will be lawfully persecuted for our beliefs, however, there are still places and people who will.

My parents for one, would definitely have had a problem with it. The only reason they don't is that they know my faith but don't know I practice it. Unfortunately for me at the moment, a series of rather unfortunate events has lead me back into their house. And I had to put everything in a storage facility until I move out again. I did manage to hold onto most of my altar but all my books are there. :(

Now Emerald and I will agree on one aspect though; If you will not defend your faith, you are not ready. You don't have to proclaim it to the world as well the Creed states. But defend your beliefs.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
Emerald

Post by Emerald »

The Judge wrote:Now there's a point Emerald and I will disagree on. :P I started practicing while keeping it hidden. Many of the tools used today were mundane items long ago for a reason. We may not live in a time where we will be lawfully persecuted for our beliefs, however, there are still places and people who will.

My parents for one, would definitely have had a problem with it. The only reason they don't is that they know my faith but don't know I practice it. Unfortunately for me at the moment, a series of rather unfortunate events has lead me back into their house. And I had to put everything in a storage facility until I move out again. I did manage to hold onto most of my altar but all my books are there. :(

Now Emerald and I will agree on one aspect though; If you will not defend your faith, you are not ready. You don't have to proclaim it to the world as well the Creed states. But defend your beliefs.
I agree with keeping it hidden, I had to do that as well when I first started practicing, but to me there's a difference between keeping things hidden, and actually taking it to the point where you're lying and being deceitful.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Ah, now I see what you were saying. >.< Yeah, I agree.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
Tornadofire-Sylva

Post by Tornadofire-Sylva »

Not being deceitful, but then again, I have rectified the candle situation. I understand what Wicca is, the spirituality and reverence for life. But I really need a reverence for remembering passwords.
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”