Metal in a circle?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
EmeraldRose

Metal in a circle?

Post by EmeraldRose »

I read somewhere that you can't have metal in your circle but it that true because you get the athame and the chalice is sometimes metal if not all of the time and you also get things like the figures and my book of shadows is metal but I have been using that in my circle! :? Kind of confused at the moment so can anyone clear it up for me please? Thank you in advance... )O(
Was jpearce1997 now EmeraldRose! )O(
AutumnMaidens

Re: Metal in a circle?

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I wonder where you got that, having metal is perfectly fine and can be used as a representation for fire or even earth in some cases. The only thing I have heard is that it is not wise to bring electrical devices into the circle because their vibes might contradicte with the energies of the circle itself. But metal is perfectly fine.

Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Althara

Post by Althara »

As with most things, it depends on the branch of paganism you pracice. Some traditions will say that the only thing made of metal should be the Athame. Others don't care. Still others forbid all metal.
sanoyikamama

Post by sanoyikamama »

I personally think that you should be the one to make that decision. If you want metal with in you circle than so be it. I think personally metal is a wonderful thing, especially since I think of the energy we use to cast being similar to electricity and metal is a conductor. Also, in China there are not 4 elements of nature but 5: water, earth, fire, wood and metal. Something to think about.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”