Truth behind Charmed?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
EmeraldRose

Truth behind Charmed?

Post by EmeraldRose »

Lately I have been absolutely OBSESSED with Charmed and I have located about 300 BoS pages and was wondering if any of the spells etc. are safe to use and work well, has anyone tried any of them? )O(
Was jpearce1997 now EmeraldRose! )O(
Greek_Male_Witch

Re: Truth behind Charmed?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

If you want to use incantations you can use them after you study them well, because they were created for the show, so you don't want to say something you don't know what it will cause, BUT it will take more than just saying something, its believing and some candles, a ritual and you can use the spell, I have used the "Make the object of objection become but a dream, as I cause the seen to be unseen" and it worked along with my ritual, of course it didn't worked like in the show, but it worked for my purpose, so if you want to use the incantations do it after study them carefully....also a fan of Charmed...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Althara

Post by Althara »

You do of course realise that Charmed is a TV show.

Magic does not work that way.
EmeraldRose

Post by EmeraldRose »

Well I know that I just meant does the spells that they use have the same outcome/effects as they do in the show! I know that they don't give of magical glowing light shows which fill the room. :P
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

It's slightly possible. However, as these were written for a TV show there are no certainties that the writer even understands/researched proper spell constuction. It would be best to write your own spells for what you need. :)
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
EmeraldRose

Post by EmeraldRose »

I suppose that's true because you don't have any way of telling if the law of 3 was taken into consideration at all when they wrote the spell so it could be dangerous.
Althara

Post by Althara »

No, no no.

They are fictional spells, made up by someone who was aiming for theatrical impact rather than anything even remotely approaching usable. The results are camera trickery, CGI and good acting, not from the spell. The Judge is quite right, it would be far better to either do some research among proper Pagan authors to find a spell for what you want, or to write it yourself. It's not as if there's any shortage of spells out there... Just look through this site!
melinda

Post by melinda »

Actually they did study the wording of spells, I remember checking it out after Phoebe corrected some of her uni friends about how to write a spell. The results are just tricks because the context isn't really magical belief but the spells themselves, if checked out, are workable.
EmeraldRose

Post by EmeraldRose »

melinda wrote:Actually they did study the wording of spells, I remember checking it out after Phoebe corrected some of her uni friends about how to write a spell. The results are just tricks because the context isn't really magical belief but the spells themselves, if checked out, are workable.
I love that episode! Although the animal men were kinda creepy? :?
melinda

Post by melinda »

I know, it was brilliant! I thought the snake biting her neck was so sexual. Although poisonous, and it was a great metaphor too. I'm not sure for what -probably kharma or something, but it was GREAT.
EmeraldRose

Post by EmeraldRose »

I liked the parts where the pig man was at the BBQ and he grabbed the burgers crying "Run my friends!" Makes me laugh! I hated the part where the snake man's skin was torn off the back of his neck! :s
melinda

Post by melinda »

Lol, I knew, it was so brilliant. I thought the bunny was misrepresented though, it was just nasty and not cute enough at all!!!
EmeraldRose

Post by EmeraldRose »

I thought that too!
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

I certainly wouldn't reccomend basing the whole of your practice on Charmed, however some of the incantations could be worked with. I adjusted their 'Lost and Found' spell to great effect. I'm not saying, do the exact same as the Charmed Ones did, I'm saying you could take inspiration from a few of the things they did and some of the incantations they used.

Even if it is a TV show, they did some well written rhymes that could be worked on.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I agree with p3nathan. I think that tweaking some of the incantations and combining them with practical magic could be useful. Of course, you would have to bear in mind that you, unlike the halliwells have to worry about what is physically ("magically") possible... most of what they do obviously isn't.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”