Is it okay if I have to do other religions' stuffs?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
DaRkMoOn

Is it okay if I have to do other religions' stuffs?

Post by DaRkMoOn »

I am a teen and hiding in the broom closet.My parents are Muslim and they don't even know that Wicca exists.I'm not ready to tell them yet.So, they still think I'm a Muslim.Recently, my mom has been trying to force me to do muslim religious stuffs.I can't decide what to do.I'm a true Wiccan by soul.I don't want to do anything that is disrespectful to Wicca.So, can you guys please tell me if it's okay if I do those religious stuffs?
stariebird11

Re: Is it okay if I have to do other religions' stuffs?

Post by stariebird11 »

Hey don't worry I just got back from Wednesday night church service :D. I think it is okay if you perform the Muslim stuff. The Goddess won't judge you for things you can't help. I have to pretend that i'm really into church every week. But she knows where our hearts are. :)
~*Brightest Blessings*~
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
DaRkMoOn

Post by DaRkMoOn »

Thanks for answering.I know how it feels when u have to pretend to be something you are not.My mom tries to force me because I've never been into those religious stuffs (even before I became a Wiccan).I just didn't feel connected to them.And my mom thinks I'm going straight to the hell because of my unwillingness to do Muslim stuffs.
Alluma Nati

Post by Alluma Nati »

You don't have anything to worry about with being a wiccan by heart and having to preform other traditions to appease family and friends, just as long as you keep your candle lit inside you everything will be okay, remember the wiccan Witchcraft belief systems are not one of Judgmental Jealous Vengeful Nature, those are the beliefs of Man's idea of God which was created to make people comply for fear of going to hell...

The hole purpose of life is lighting the candle of curiosity inside you to be allowed to come back and learn more life after life and if you didn't light the candle then you need a shield to protect you from ITS judgement, for example the Muslim or Christian Bibles, but if you light your candle you get a free passing grade, at least that's the way I see things...
stariebird11

Post by stariebird11 »

Glad I could help :) Alluma I really liked what you said about lighting the candle. It's really nice to know other people are going through the same things you are. I guess that is why I really enjoy this forum :D I'm still in the broom closet, but hopefully for not much longer.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Althara

Post by Althara »

Hi,

As long as you perform the Muslim rites with honour and respect for Allah in your heart, that is the important thing. And if you don't believe in Him, at least respect the beliefs of those around you who do.

One theological thought among pagans is that "All Gods are one God, and all Goddesses are one Goddess." So, if you're a soft polytheist like that, then you can happily go to the Mosque knowing that Allah is just another way of viewing the God, and that by honouring Allah you're also honouring the Horned Lord. Personally, I honour the God of Abraham, who is the God of my family. I don't worship Him, and personally I don't like Him very much. But, he was the God of my much-loved granny, and so I'll honour him and speak respectfully of him to those who worship Him. To those who don't... Well, then I can give my own opinions, can't I xD

The key to a multi-faith household/relationship is respect. Respect your parents' belief in and worship of Allah and, whilst you live under their roof and eat their food, do as they ask of you. That'll make your life a lot easier when it comes to coming 'Out of the Broom Closet!'
DaRkMoOn

Post by DaRkMoOn »

Thanks everyone for helping.I really appreciate it.:)
And Althara, I do respect Allah, I was just confused.Anyways, thanks a lot :D
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

It is perfectly fine. As a broom closet teen, I'm assuming you haven't sought out a coven yet, and are an eclectic. The whole eclectic idea is to incorporate other ideas/beliefs into the Wiccan system. This allows for some to connect to the God/Goddess in a more personal way. You can honor Allah and still keep the Lord and Lady in your heart. Remember they are all the same in the end.
Wish you luck.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
DaRkMoOn

Post by DaRkMoOn »

Thank you Roseonfire :) Your answer was really helpful.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

My pleasure. :D
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”