Magick used for evil purposes.. Help please!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
myboyblue

Magick used for evil purposes.. Help please!

Post by myboyblue »

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of a friend who I am concerned for. He had a spell cast on him by an evil spirited, opportunistic, manipulative ex spouse. I have different religious views myself, however I believe that there are other forces both in nature and human-invoked at play, so I come here respectfully asking for help.

The "curse" or spell invoked on him was of a financial type-- basically that my buddy always be in debt, lose all that he has and never aspire to anything again. The spell was confirmed by another friend of ours who ran into the ex wife, whereupon she told him that she cast this curse on him.

To complicate things, our friend doesn't believe in magic, nor that he was placed under any spell/curse. He thinks we are being silly-- so anything to help him that would have to be performed by him would be difficult if impossible. He is a good person who was very successful personally and professionally, and all that changed when the ex cast her spell (turned me into a believer).

Any ideas, or help would be super appreciated!!

Thanks!
-Blue
MoonTigress

Re: Magick used for evil purposes.. Help please!

Post by MoonTigress »

I am sorry to hear about this unfortuante event in your friend's life as well as yours. I have a couple thoughts but bear in mind they are only ideas, I make no promises about them.

Do a blessing on your friend. I would invoke all four elements if possible.

A bowl of Water, something from the Earth (even plain dirt works), a yellow candle may represent Air, and of course Fire should be obvious. Cast a circle and preform a blessing for you friend within it. If you want to make it more powerful, invoke the God and Goddess, asking for their help and welcoming them into your circle. I would also have something of your friend's, a belonging or something or the sort

Remember that intention is everything with all magical workings. Again this is simply an idea. Its simple and easy but sometimes that can be the most powerful magic of all. I firmly believe that good magic with the right intent can combat dark magic with all its bad karma.

Hope this helps a little! Blessed be!
sanoyikamama

Post by sanoyikamama »

Return to sender spell
MoonTigress

Post by MoonTigress »

Wouldn't a return to sender spell simply cast the curse back upon the one who set it to begin with? I personally wouldn't take that chance. Two wrongs, don't make a right.
myboyblue

Post by myboyblue »

Thank you for the great answers! MoonTigress, I will follow your approach because it is positive and seems to invoke good "vibes".

Sanoyikamama, as much as I would love to see her get a taste of her own medicine, she has karma issues that stem from her decayed soul-- so I'll let her reap what she is reaping on her own :)
sanoyikamama

Post by sanoyikamama »

MoonTigress wrote:Wouldn't a return to sender spell simply cast the curse back upon the one who set it to begin with? I personally wouldn't take that chance. Two wrongs, don't make a right.
Actually, it's not doing anything wrong and it will make it right. Being someone who's actually cursed people, I can tell you that thinking happy thoughts and praying for it to get better isn't going to do anything, especially if this individual knows what she's doing. It might work for a time being, but once you stop with the happy thoughts, it starts all over again, usually worse, as the negative energy has just been circling waiting for a crack in your positivity.

While a return to sender spell does send all of what she's done back, its cleanses the person who's been made a magnet for "bad luck" and then keeps him from being a target for her once again. So in other words, it cancels out her curse plus any she might try later, which she probably will, since she curses and tells. There is no pretty and nice way of dealing with a curse, as curses aren't nice things. Curses have one goal- to ruins someone's life and push them to death. Doesn't matter if she only started out with wanting to harm him financially or anything else, if she didn't work in a "condition" or a this will only happen until this point(which is a hex not a curse)then this working will cause the end of him at some point.
Althara

Post by Althara »

Don't forget your shielding. You can passively shield your friend to protect him from harm, as well as yourself. Solving this problem won't do you much good if she casts another one at you in a few weeks and you have no defenses!

Starwitch has a good article on shielding on this site if you're not familiar with the idea :)

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/w ... elding.htm
MoonTigress

Post by MoonTigress »

I agree that whatever measures must be taken to ensure safety and protection of the innocent individual should be. I just thought I'd offer some positive feedback and a few tips that might just help. A return to sender spell is probably a good idea. Either way, this person is stupid to "curse and tell" most wouldn't do that. Since she is, she may not even know what she's doing. But if in fact she does, I would put a stop to it asap.
sanoyikamama

Post by sanoyikamama »

MoonTigress wrote:Either way, this person is stupid to "curse and tell" most wouldn't do that. Since she is, she may not even know what she's doing.
I completely agree with you on that, as telling the who and what tends to lead to ones undoing, and it also means bragging, giving that they probably didn't have any justification for were doing. And they probably will try again when they realize their curse has been lifted, which anyone with half a clue would know that if the person fixed it once, they could do it again, if not know how to keep it from happening in the first place. Let it be her problem though.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”