Small Working spot

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Isis_Wind

Small Working spot

Post by Isis_Wind »

I have a small room, and my bed is a bit too large. I have a bookshelf, desk, and dresser, and I have a very limited space to work. I have 4 siblings in the house so I can't practice outside of my room, because I'll get disturbed. I don't have any woods behind my house, so I can't work there. Is it okay to work on my bed, or is it too dangerous? Please give me some ideas.
-Blessed be
raynelae

Re: Small Working spot

Post by raynelae »

I think your bed is a suitable place for your workings. I probably wouldnt light candles on my bed because of the risk of starting a fire. I performed my Mabon ritual on my bed when I was first beginning Wicca. You'll grow as a person and you'll develope your own style. Just remember that everywhere you're at, your in the Divine's temple. With clear intentions it doesn't matter where you work Magick and rituals.
Blessed be
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Ritual space specifications aren't as strict. Any place where you can sit for a while without being disturbed will do really. Of course you should always be weary of burning hazard, never leave candles unattended and never sleep with lit candles or incence beside you.

Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Look if you can use a room just for a ritual then do that...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Althara

Post by Althara »

I'd say work on the floor rather than your bed. Or maybe clear off your dresser/the top of your bookshelf? A bed isn't a solid enough surface to safely use candles/incense on, and if you spill anything and can't get the bedding/mattress dry you'll have to sleep in a soggy bed that night!
MoonlitOrchid

Post by MoonlitOrchid »

How about one of those decorative boxes that you get from a craft store. Michaels' is the store by me and they come in a lot of sizes and are pretty sturdy. They even have ones like suitcases that latch. You could place it on your bed for a firmer surface and keep your tools in them when you're done. I do agree not to use candles on the bed even with the box.
Isis_Wind

Post by Isis_Wind »

Thanks everyone, this really helped, I decided i would just rearrange my bedroom, so i have a more appropriate space to work with. Blessings to all of you, and thanks again!
RainingMoon

Post by RainingMoon »

My room is small too, gotta love that(: Even if there isn't woods near your house, is there a park or a field? When it's warmer I like to go to this park near my house and work there, or to this field.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”