drawing down the moon-

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Truthseeker

drawing down the moon-

Post by Truthseeker »

Can anyone please tell me about drawing down the moon? How? When? Why? Full moon? or not? Thanks-
Greek_Male_Witch

Re: drawing down the moon-

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Drawing down the Moon, is when a witch (female) accepts the Goddess inside her, the same goes for drawing down the sun, which is when a male witch accepts the God inside him...I think there isn't specific moon phase to do it, as about how? well someone more experienced than me must tell you this... :(
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Truthseeker,
The book I have that I have used for this give short "spells" one each for the different
Moon phases.
Write yourself a short-short, about four lines dealing with asking the Goddess if she'd
share some of her energy(maybe for a certain task, what you need the energy for).
Go outside where you can see the Moon, ground, relax, say or chant your "diddy".
Visualize the white light full of energy flowing downwards and into you.
You need to stop the energy beam when you've recieved enough, bring up your
grounding "cord", tell the Goddess thank you and return back inside unless
you are going to do spell right away outside with the energy you've recieved.
Hope this helps ?
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Drawing down the moon is a commen ritual held during a full moon. The active witch (male/female) holds up their Athame with two hands above their head channeling down the lunar energy as if they were a pillar of energy. Once they have called the energy down, either within themselves or their circle they can channel the energy into their spellwork or magickal doings. After this they lift up the athame again this time sending a bit of their own energy as offering to the moongoddess for lending her aid during this magickal working.

Hope this helps
Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Ula

Post by Ula »

In Norse myth the moon is masculine and the sun feminine. Could you still call down the moon or is it meant to draw feminine energy?
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

You can! It's Lunar energy so it doesn't matter if it is masculine or feminem, just be sure to thank your respective lunar deity when you are done. :)

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”