sylph, salamander, undine, and gnome

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
p3nathan

sylph, salamander, undine, and gnome

Post by p3nathan »

Can someone tell me all they know about elemental spirits- sylphs, salamanders, undines, and gnomes?
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: sylph, salamander, undine, and gnome

Post by Starwitch »

I'd recommend you do a search for "undines". When I did that just now a whole lot of different threads came up.
Shinitenshi

Post by Shinitenshi »

Starwitch wrote:I'd recommend you do a search for "undines". When I did that just now a whole lot of different threads came up.

Really like what, when I search I get a lot of the same things about water spirits and nymphs.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

It’s my understanding that they are the names given to the physical form that the spirit-essence of air, fire, water & earth take when in the 3-D realm.

. Sylphs are creatures OF air being formed of the substance of vapor & exist amidst the sky, occasionally visible. They carry information between living plants on the ground.
. Salamanders are OF Fire, being formed of the substance of plasma & exist wherever the conditions are right that are fire & electricity. Ever see volcano lightening in photos?
. Undines are creatures OF water, being formed of the substances that assume liquidity, generally wells, streams, rivers, lakes, sea, but also puddles and rain or snow. They exist within these bodies of liquid. Water has memory.
. Gnomes are OF earth, made of the substance of solid matter and often observed in caves, tunnel systems, mines & quarries.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Great info Spirit Talker! You may want to search for Philippus Aureolus Paracelsus. Apparently, he is the alchemist who wrote about these spirits in the 1400s.

Good luck,
Rosie
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Thanks for mentioning Paracelsus, now as I am reading some of his quotes I dance in the void of my soul.
I never understood though the medieval alchemy of Sulphur, Mercury and Salt.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

All four at once creates a High Priestess... you meet her you're a High Priest... sorry, dunno how that came to me. :surprisedwitch: barker
barker

Post by barker »

Demons of Destiny - FWAE

Salamanders (not sprites), Krakens, Genies, Kenders are your allies in eternity - choose "to be."
Sylphs (not air), Amoebae, Fairies, Dren (all sorts and sizes) would pretend your immortality for you - choose "not to be."
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

The psychobabble you present is incomprehensible...
dude, you better lay off the wine.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
barker

Post by barker »

FWAE = fire, water, air and earth
barker wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:36 am Demons of Destiny - FWAE

Salamanders (not sprites), Krakens, Genies, Kenders are your allies in eternity - choose "to be."
Sylphs (not air), Amoebae, Fairies, Dren (all sorts and sizes) would pretend your immortality for you - choose "not to be."
How can a sylph make for an atypical fire spirit? By choosing to become - the elements render to each other immaculate truth once the 5th element (sexy) is employed. Grace is supreme in this pitcure.

This text was about destiny not fate... the information mightn't be new to you, ffs... :wink2:
barker

Post by barker »

barker wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:36 am Demons of Destiny - FWAE

Sprites (not salamanders), Amoebae, Fairies, Dren (all sorts and sizes) would pretend your immortality for you - choose "not to be."
FWAE = fire, water, air and earth

Elements can morph into each other regarding their existential belief in power, a bit like a solar eclipse which is fate (sun never does, moon never will) - hence the subtle confusion about their being an air/fire spirit. The air/fire spirit is still around - I think that it is called Jesus! But yes, to be orthodox you must use sylph for air spirits. parker
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

From my understanding of the Elementals and some communication with them, they are Fae and rule over the physical elements of air, fire, water and earth. When you call them to help with casting spells they act as familiars. When I'm done, I thank them while dismissing them. They do not require thank you offerings if you verbally thanked them.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”