Casting a Circle

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Studygirl

Casting a Circle

Post by Studygirl »

Hello.
I am very new to all this and wondered if someone would be kind enough to tell me the correct way to cast a circle.

I have a small round table as my altar, in a very small bedroom, and don't have enough room to walk around the table so wondered if there was a way to cast a circle without walking around it.

Thanks
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Casting a Circle

Post by Firebird »

Stand in the West, facing the East, and with your Wand or Athame in hand pointed towards the East, move your arm around in a circular motion in a clockwise direction, (deosil). You can call and release your quarters just by facing the direction from where you stand. When taking down your circle, (facing East), point your tool to the East and wave your arm around counterclockwise (widdershins) Good Luck! BB Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

I have the same spell casting limitations like you! My dresser is my altar! He he.
But, yes I very much agree with firebirdflys!
Point your wand to the directions, make your circle (even if it's not a perfect a CIRCLE) it will still be a circle for your spells and will protect you : ))
Hope that helps you.
Blessings.
SR
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

I just visualize a bubble dome when I cast my circles. They make me feel save and secure with my magick and allows whomever I invite into it and only them.
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”