Do spells need to be made alone ?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
mmx

Do spells need to be made alone ?

Post by mmx »

Another dumb question.... :oops:

Do spell casting needs to be made alone, or can we do it with someone else ?

I ask this because last time I made a couple of spells with my husband because the intentions were shared by both. Is this OK ?

Thanks....
ravenhecateana

Re: Do spells need to be made alone ?

Post by ravenhecateana »

Of course it is, especially if both of you share the intent. In my opinion, the more people doing a spell, the stronger they will be. Just make sure that if you invite other people into the circle to perform a spell, they are fully committed to the cause. If even one person doesn't think it will work, it will cause the spell to not work.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Agreed!
You could very well cast spells by yourself. However, especially during some type of a beautiful love spell and your husband; can make some fun times! ;)

Also; during a circle of people, it is a very beautiful and strong feelings to be in a circle and feel everyone's vibrations of love, happiness, healing.. etc! I've done circles since I was a little tiny girl, my mom would drag me to them! If you find a group of people, I prefer a group of woman that I am close to, to cast a circle and begin our spells as one! It's very hard when I had gone to circles as a young teen and not know any of the people, the feeling was odd and I just didn't like it! Now that I've found a group, I can actually connect too, it is much nicer! and I do love it!
I actually just walked a labyrinth to bring health into people's life's, as we all walked it, it became more and more powerful and the intention was very strong. I could feel it pulsing through me, it was very nice and loving!

So yes! It is sometimes nice to cast spells with a group or just two! : )
I like BEST to cast spells by myself, however, but that's just me.. It also depends on the spell too. So I guess I could go either way.

& This isn't a dumb question, btw! It's very good to know :D
Blessings.
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Ula

Post by Ula »

A coven is so witches can work in a group. No reason to not do spells with others.
Autumnal Rose

Post by Autumnal Rose »

Like everyone else has said, its a matter of personal preference. Some spells seem to lend themselves to group work, I always feel that healing spells work better the more people are involved. But if I was doing something like a binding or a protection spell, I would prefer to do that on my own. Its great when you feel you can share something as special as spell casting with other people.
mmx

Post by mmx »

Thanks for the answers !!

It is known that when praying and when lots of people pray for the same intention, the result is faster. I assume that with spells it is the same. I see praying and casting very similar, expressing something you want ( or do not want to happen ) and the more, the better !! I just need to make my husband to focus because sometimes he jokes a bit, and he needs to take things seriously to make it work !! LOL

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”