blessings and charms for allotment?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
flowersofthelady

blessings and charms for allotment?

Post by flowersofthelady »

We have been lucky enough to be given an allotment by our local council (a small plot of land for growing fruit and veg)

i would love to do something special for our allotment to cleanse it and bring it propsperity as well as protecting it. not necesesarily all in one go.

in my own garden i did a green man ritual which involved hanging a green man plaque in the garden, it was a lovely ritual but does not seem to have worked...everything was attacked by the worst kind of pest or just did not fruit (although i did think that maybe he saw our desperate attempt at growing our own produce in pots on our garden and put his efforts into getting us bumped up 18 places on the waiting list for an allotment..who knows)

so i dont really want to do that one again..also i dont want anything thats going to involve much from me on sight as the plot is in a very busy communal area of plots with a very tight knit community of elderly growers. i dont want to frighten them, i think its scary enough that their quiet little haven has been invaded by a strange hippy woman in new rocks, my metalhead husband with long blonde hair and 3 little blonde demon children obsessed with getting as muddy as possible and screaming. if i sart walking round the place in robes after dark it might be a bit toooooo much lol!

any suggestions welcome..i am also currently consulting my books.
flowersofthelady

Re: blessings and charms for allotment?

Post by flowersofthelady »

anyone? please?
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

What I do is basically pray as I work in the garden. If I am alone, I kinda mumble out loud. If there are others around, I do it in my head. I do not have specific forties, I just do a generalization of "Goddess" and "God". They know to whom you are speaking and perhaps if asking for general help, you may get a few extra helping. This is a great way to connect with the earth.
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Gnomes are earth spirit. You could find some really nice ones and put one in each corner. Ask them to help you keep the garden. Most people like gnomes. A bird bath to get bird in will help you with pests too.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

What about fairies? Would attracting fairies be helpful?
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
Ula

Post by Ula »

I don't see why not. I don't know much about fairies.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

I think I had read that fairies can be attracted by certain plants, decorations and bird baths. If I am not mistaken, they can be protection from pests in a garden. I just don't remember if they liked gnomes or not.
Lady Morgaine

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”