The DC-40

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
jescgrl

Re: The DC-40

Post by jescgrl »

I think that if it happened, it would be at such a slow pace. a change here, a "innovative" law there. Over time so as to not really spark a HUGE uproar, but to kinda sneak in the basic framework before kicking the final leg out. I think that any fundamental change in how our country ran would spark a possible world war...Especially if we moved to such an extreme religious level.
We are already loosing our pull with other nations, I would have a hard time trusting that a country had my back when they were so stretched thin with their troops all over the place and in a nasty debt...
orestes903

Post by orestes903 »

I don't think anything will actually come from this except maybe the continuation of alienation of the conservative christian movement. They are working pretty hard to annoy everyone. I have nothing against christianity (plenty of christian friends) but the mainstream media normally labels these people quacks. I find it ironic they are ending it on 11/11/11 however due to their hate of everthingy new-agey.

Orestes
Ula

Post by Ula »

I know plenty of Christians who would never let this be a theocracy. Fundamentalist are out numbered, like it or not.
ravenhecateana

Post by ravenhecateana »

I think it could very well happen here. If the movement was strong enough it surely could. And I think it is especially possible since most of the responses here have been pretty complacent. We have governors in some states, like Michigan, that are trying to take over the running of cities that are in financial crisis and hand it over to a corporation. If that corporation happens to be a group like Pat Robertson and his PTL club, well half the job is done already. The only really intelligent thing that Ronald Reagan ever said (in my opinon) is Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. One would really like to hope that it couldn't happen here. But it can if we turn a blind eye and say I'm not worried because we have the Constitution. I didn't hear about this plan until now, but now that I know about it, I am fully prepared to stand up and say I won't let that happen here. I never would have guessed that our government would determine that a corporation could be considered a "person" nor would I have ever guessed that in America the running of a city could be handed over to a corporation, but it has happened. We need to come to the conclusion that just about anything can happen if we let it. I am no longer confident that our Constituton will be enough to protect our rights.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”