New wand

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Elluir

New wand

Post by Elluir »

So this fascinating thing happened to me this past week while I was in Canada fishing.

One dreary we were sitting in the boat, my family was fishing (I was reading) and I noticed something in the water. I got a closer look and I found the stick I posted below. I snapped it up with a net from the water. According to my father it was a beaver meal or bit of a lodge (the lake has a ton of them). I called the stick a "beaver stick" which gave the boat giggles ( I didn't get what was funny for a while, haha)

Anyway - Its interested a wand found its way to me. I think I will work well with them, but I just never had the calling to go cut one or search the forest for one. I felt this one was very specifically sent to me. Already trimmed and floating by the boat I was in.

So my question for you guys is: What ideas do you have for whats next?

So before someone says "Do what feels right for you" I KNOW that. I am not sure what feels right since I am looking for ideas - maybe things that worked for you. I feel that the wand is unfinished. I am tossing around some runes, though not certain which ones or what I want to do with the. I might want to sand and/or polish it. Any advice, thoughts, resources. I will be doing Google searching and forum searching for wandlore - but if anyone has anything good I'd love to see it.

Also the little piece sticking off to the side - should I whittle that off? Does it kind of ruin the flow of the energy through the wand?

Feel free to post pictures of your wands
Attachments
wand2.jpg
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: New wand

Post by JBRaven »

I would keep the little side growth. IT gives it charm. I am not a person that uses really decorated wands.

Thurisaz-Ansuz-Jera-Pertho-Dagaz-Othila

I would also bind the bottom for a grip. Good Luck!!!
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

Just for my own knowledge - whats the thought process behind the runes and the order?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I have no deep meaning as to why. They just felt right. When it comes to runes I just let it flow out of me. I have been doing Rune readings all day so they are just spilling out of me.
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

That's cool :-) I actually had a wand find me as well. I'd picked up a stick walking along a path in the woods. I figured it would work. Was already pretty smooth. Then after a bit more walking, there in the middle of the path lay a stick that just seemed perfect. I kinda felt it speak to me... & I swear it wasn't there before (this was on the way back). So I gave the other one back to the woods, and picked up the one that found me. I haven't decided how to finish mine yet either. I have a picture on my phone...I shall try to post it in a few. :-)
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I like the stick i would agree it was sent to you for a wand.

Id scribe power symbols into and place a quartz at the tip and a lodestone or a hematite at the root. Id keep the cute little knob it came to you in that manner for a reason. maybe you can hang feathers or other items from it.

you could also take chips of the chakra stones and inlay them along the shaft of the wand with the crown chakra being towards the tip and the root chakra stone at the base
AzaleaMoon

Post by AzaleaMoon »

I would suggest you do a "smudging: or Cleansing on it to reenforce it to your person and energy. since it was in the water already, wash it with salt water and light some white sage and run it over the smoke saying an incantation that binds it to you.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”