Beginner at spellwork

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Elluir

Beginner at spellwork

Post by Elluir »

Hey all, new to the board. I have a spell idea to run by you guys. Before I do though I want to run the overall plan for the spell to make sure you think its kosher.

Little background (fyi – its rather personal, hope I don’t make anyone uncomfortable):
Being gay sucks sometimes, especially when you meet a nice guy who hasn’t quite figured himself out yet. We’ve spent some time together and it’s been wonderful, but he’s been distant now and I am somewhat certain per our conversation he’s struggling with his sexual identity and trying to figure out whether he’s straight/bi/gay and what he wants his life to be.
I want to cast something that will help him along that path. Now I’m interested in him, so I can’t say my intentions are completely altruistic, but I was there once and I want to help him however I can. Since he’s kinda shying away its hard to talk. So I came up with a spell I am still perfecting and I want to run by you. I’ll post that later – but in the mean time, what do you think? Am I meddling too much? I know I need to balance my personal interests and help him to the best conclusion not just the one I want. Is it better to just let it be and let him alone (kinda hard for me right now…). So to clarify, NOT a love spell.

Thoughts?

-Elluir
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: Beginner at spellwork

Post by Symandinome »

I think what your proposing is wrong. Sugar coat it however you want to about "helping him along" but fact of the matter is your doing it because you want him. I am a transsexual so i know all about this sort of thing so dont say that its not true. You came to terms with yourself on your own time and so must he.
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

Yeah yeah...:) caught me. I will slightly disagree with you, though. Oh hell yeah there is selfishness there. I want him to make up his mind so I know whether to give it a shot or move on. On the other hand he's a really nice guy, and I only wish the best for him, really. (I do have capacity for good-will :)

Maybe I'll compromise and we-work the spell to just emphasize clarity on his part. If clarity leads to me A+, if not, well its a good thing for him and I'll know...I have to admit the way its written now does put a certain spin on it.

Thanks! This is why I posted. I need someone to smack me into rationality a bit.

I'll post what I write, my first real spell playing with runes, would love someone to look it over.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

well all of that aside and I know you do want him to be at peace with himself I dont doubt that at all but fact of the matter remains if he didnt specificly ask for you to do the spell for him it is technically infringing on free will good intentions or not. Even spells like this that seem so benign in nature can have negative consequences. By forcing this issue to be dealt with now may prove that the timing is wrong for him as an individual which in turn could lead to greater psychological turmoil which could lead towards suicide. I'd seriously reconsider this working.
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

I do understand where you are coming from. If I truly care I need to put his needs before mine.

I had long conversations with him, and I have a pretty firm idea of where he is mentally - and I am quite certain that suicide is not a possibility. I was in his shoes not long ago. But that being said, I don't by any means know everything (yet! one day!). I just want to emphasize I did evaluate harm to him before I discussed this, I don't want a predatory selfish image being painted of me - because thats not the case.

Maybe the best working - is one on myself. Find my own peace on this issue.

Thanks for letting me talk this out. I will take your words into consideration.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I think you are on the right track there about working on yourself instead of others. I myself am not Wiccan and I am not boundy by their moral code about free will and all that but that doesnt mean i work magick willy nilly. We have to always look for a mundane resolution to a problem and if there are no mundane resolutions then we must evaluate the potential consequences of our actions and sometimes we find that the best course of action is no action at all. I am sure you will make the right choice I can tell your no dummy ;)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”