Do witches use wands?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Mauve Sunrise

Do witches use wands?

Post by Mauve Sunrise »

I was asking my self that question a minutes ago. Can somebody answer please?
Autumnal Rose

Re: Do witches use wands?

Post by Autumnal Rose »

Depends on the witch. Some do, some don't. A wand can be a good tool to channel energy, it can represent fire or air in a circle. A wand can be used to cast a circle. A wand can sometimes substitute for an athame, particularly useful if local laws prohibit owning knives or if younger witches are not permitted to own an athame. There is also something very personal about a wand as likely or not you will have made it yourself so it has more of yourself invested in it than a tool just bought from a shop.

Speaking personally, I use my wand to direct energies rather than for magical usage. Though I do know some people who use their wands for spellwork. Wouldn't really work for me, my spell work is very visualisation based. But its great that we are all different!
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I don't use a wand either. I did try but it just didn't feel right for me.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I use only wands I dont use athames
Zili

Post by Zili »

I don't use a wand I use a prayer stick similar but not the same. I have an athame but its more for symbolic representation on my altar
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I have wands (that my husband and friends have made me) they tend to be decorative pieces. I have an athame, but that to is normally not used. I use my hands; I feel that it connects me more to the spell.
Adder

Post by Adder »

I have a ritual knife which is more like a wand then a knife, it has a nice balance and is made out of gold. I try to keep its energies protected for spiritual work, I guess it is the feminine aspect. Wheras I have a ritual knife which is a knife, and for me is more the masculine aspect, its meant to be used to interact with the physical directly. I like a staff and at the moment am using a broom handle of all things! I do not use them enough though and more often, also use my hands alone.
Cyphir

Post by Cyphir »

I have just nearly finished crafting my first want. I honestly haven't even begun to cast spells yet, but I am preparing myself to try any and all tools. I have an athame and wand but will decide what feels more comfortable for me. I may end up using both, depending on the spell.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”