Spells for others and other questions

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Lady_moon_49

Spells for others and other questions

Post by Lady_moon_49 »

I read somewhere that doing spells on people whether they are good are bad is considered black magick. Is this true?

Is it possible to do a banishing depression spell on someone else?

Also is there some way to take away "demons" from the past that continue to haunt?

Also is it possible to do a protection spell on a childhood home?

I know this is a lot, but hopefully someone more experienced/knowledgeable will know.
Lady_moon_49

Re: Spells for others and other questions

Post by Lady_moon_49 »

After a little more thinking about it maybe casting spells on others even if they are good isnt considered black magick, but bad karma i think?
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Well, there are all kind of rules, but personally I believe that it depends on your morals, if you believe that the spell will help and not harm your friend, then do it, its never considered a black magic, bad karma? maybe, but only because a friend might have difficult times so he can learn a lesson, and you take away that lesson by helping him, you do that to help, but that will come back at you, but to be honest, when I can help, I help, end of story.

Banishing depression spells, yes a lot, BUT they won't make depression go away by themselves, they just assist the person within the proper medication and/or therapy. You cannot just sit there and wait the spell to banish the depression.

Yes about demons of the past I hear agate moss stone is the most appropriate and also rose quartz...remember they only help you, you are the one who should fight those "demons" though.

Yes it is possible to do a protection spell in any home you like, I don't really get what you mean by childhood home.

of course more experienced than me can help you here, but I think I covered your subjects :)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Lady_moon_49

Post by Lady_moon_49 »

That did answer my question. I just heard that if you perform anything on someone who doesnt know about it it is considered negative in some way. I have kind of thought it over and decided that even if it does affect me negatively it would be worth it to try and help the person. And I dont take drugs, whether street or pharmaceutical. Just my own beleif that its not about helping people but about money. Childhood home is where I grew up... Its always had a weird energy. Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated. :)
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I will tell you this, you can do whatever you believe you can, if you don't believe it, it won't happen :)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I come of the school of thought on this subject that says; You can do spells for others as long as you have consent. Doing a spell for another is magical assault. I wouldn't touch you without your permission why would I force my energy on you with out asking?
onyxwitch

Re: Spells for others and other question

Post by onyxwitch »

Well its not always bad to cast spells on people as long as u know what ur doing . U can binf them to prevent them from hurting themselves and others , or u can cast spells to make their lives great.
Zili

Re: Spells for others and other question

Post by Zili »

onyxwitch wrote:Well its not always bad to cast spells on people as long as u know what ur doing . U can binf them to prevent them from hurting themselves and others , or u can cast spells to make their lives great.
that's where you are wrong though its still considered wrong to take away someone's free will binding does just that
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I agree with Zili and even if your doing a spell on someone to make things better for them if your doing it without their permission it is going against their free will
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

So...what about spells not affecting free will. Just curiosity. For example (hypothetical): My mother just had surgery and she's not a person who's probably be like - Sure! Witchcraft!. On the other hand I worry and want to send a spell of healing and recovery her way. How does that fall in this discussion?
Zili

Post by Zili »

since you aren't manipulating her sending her healing energies is fine (and in order to do that you wouldn't need to cast a spell just visualize the person you want to be healed being encased and absorbing the light, and returning to their healthy state)
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

I'm of the opinion, like Raven, that spellwork is something you should always ask for permission to do on someone else. Not that sending healing thoughts or positive energy is necessarily a bad thing. But casting a spell on someone to affect their life directly, I think it's always a good idea to have them in on the process - at least to be aware of it. I think it's just polite in general, without even getting into karma. But casting bad spells or manipulative spells on someone would definitely bring about some bad karma, I would think.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

Some would argue that even then sending healing energies without permission is infringing on free will but in all honesty any spell you affects peoples free will whether you realize it or not. So really in my opinion that is the flaw in that rule. Honestly its best for you to do what your moral dictate is fair and reasonable and to hell with what everyone else thinks. As long as you are will to accept any possible ramifications of your working be they good or bad then thats all you really need. The question is if your ok with the work and what potential your working has not just for you but for others be it good or bad. If you can answer yes to it then do what you want.

If you'd like an example of how a simple and benign spell affects free will unintentionally then see the example below.

If you decide you want to make it rain because your plants need to grow and you do a spell to this affect you may have unintentionally affected someones free will because the lady down the street may have been planning for it to be sunny for her outside wedding but now since you made it rain her wedding outside is ruined and now she has to move inside or cancel. You affecting her free will wasnt your intention but it did affect it. That is why you have to decide for yourself where you draw the line. If you keep so true to the harm none and free will stuff then really you cnat work any magick at all.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Sy the rain spell is a good example of how we all have to live with the outcomes of the EVERY spell. Consequences will happen.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”