Can I become a Witch?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Mauve Sunrise

Can I become a Witch?

Post by Mauve Sunrise »

I'm a guy an I like an respect all that concerns with magic an witchcraft and I actually want to become a Witch. Is there such a thing as a "male witch"? if so, is it difficult to become one? Thank u for answering.
I think this may be relevant for the answer, I'm gay. Is that an obstacle to become a Witch? :wave:
wiccanpisces

Re: Can I become a Witch?

Post by wiccanpisces »

Of course you can :)
It doesn't matter if your male or female; gay or bi, anyone can be a witch.
It just takes a lot of study and practice :)
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

the above post is correct.

ANYONE can be a witch. It doesnt matter if yoru a boy a girl gay or straight. Witches are not a secret race of beings we are the same as anyone else in the world. THe only thing different is the things we believe relgion wise and our knowledge of working magick which is obtained by studying for a long time.

I am a witch. I have been a witch for 20 years AND I am a male to female transsexual. So there ya go :)
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

look at me i am bisexual and i am a wich. being a witch comes from the inside and reading and study the arts of the witch.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

I'm a coven witch and I'm a male. The only thing that matters is that you have devotion and dedication to your studies of the Craft and to the gods.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
Ses

Post by Ses »

No matter if you are male or female, the term witch can be used for both :)

and like everyone else has said. Being a Witch is about studying and dedication, not gender, race or political
I am who I am because of what I have done - Niall Gallagher
allyouneedislove

Post by allyouneedislove »

I'm a bisexual sorority girl AND a witch haha.
We are all from different backgrounds and places, there is nothing about us that is more or less special, just a calling to study the craft by the goddess.
Like any other subject, the craft is something anyone can learn with enough time and study
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Magick is accessable to anyone and it isn't something that's locked away until we say the magick word... it's everywhere. In nature, inside you... sounds corny, but it's true :) Do some reading on the basics and then just learn by doing. Most beginner books will provide exercises, meditaion styles or starter spells. There's a lot to learn about, I hope you enjoy the experience. It is a feeling of empowerment that is hard to describe, you need to experience it for yourself.
Aniu

Post by Aniu »

The very reason I turned to wicca was because of how open it was. Yes you can be gay. It doesnt matter who you are. The magick has been in your heart the whole time and most people dont even realize. Kudos for taking the first step into witch-dom tho! I hope this path brings you much love and light!
Forever live in love and light!
Miss Pixie

Post by Miss Pixie »

Witchcraft doesn't discriminate. I as a lesbian am able to practice the Craft, as are you as a gay male. Male or female, gay, straight, bi, or transgendered, anyone from any background is able to become a witch if they would like to be one.

The fact that you are even asking means you are a witch at your core. Perhaps the way you were raised or common misconceptions covered that up for a while, but there is a witch within you. That much is certain. =D

Blessed Be! )0(
curious_spirit

Post by curious_spirit »

I am 20 years old and feel like I want to become a witch but I have no idea were to start could someone please give me an idea?
Mockingjay

Post by Mockingjay »

To curious_spirit. Read, read, read! The more you learn, the less susceptible to fakes and charlatans you will be. I especially reccommend:
-The wicca hand book by Eileen Holland
-Raymond Buckland's complete guide to witchcraft
-Living wicca by Scott Cunningham
-The element encyclopedia of 5000 spells by Judika Illes
-Wicca:a guide for the solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham
-The wicca bible by Anne-Marie Gallagher
Some of these are available for free download on 4shared.com (just look around on this site for the discussion forums) and all of them are great! I also think it's good to find book on specific subjects, for example Crystals, Herbs, Dream interpretation. And those are just a few.
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

hi i have some of the those books and they are a good reads, the wicca bible is a good choice.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

curious_spirit wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:25 pm I am 20 years old and feel like I want to become a witch but I have no idea were to start could someone please give me an idea?
OLD topic
Wicca - Guide for Solitary, free pdf
https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/relig ... tioner.pdf

. Skills: Practice psi balls - ground - root your energy into the Earth; center - pull energy on the breath to your gut; think of your goal & push power into your hands 👏🏽; you’ll feel a subtle pushback; shake your hands to clear the energy; if they buzz simply re-ground
. Starter kit - candles, incense or aerosol, burning bowl, water bowl or cup, salt, olive oil, a few herbs & stones; formal ritual tools are not needed to get started
. Easy sacred space - start & end at north; broom 🧹sweep🔄 widdershins; do incense or aerosol; Point 👉🏼 & cast a circle sanctuary walking ↩️deosil; air-draw pentagram to 👆🏽start ↙️⭐️ & to 👆🏽close ↗️⭐️.
. Spell Methods - bottle, candle, cord, knot, petition, potion, sigil, stone grid & stroking

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”